Made some dust

Chuck Thoits

About a week back we got our selves a camper. It's old but the price was right and at first look it seemed to be in good order. Well yesterday was clean the trailer day. KaLea found 2 rot spots in the floor. So today was fix the rot day. I got all the rot ripped out while KaLea finished cleaning and caulking the whole trailer. She kick butt on the caulking :thumb: I showed her once what to do and she went at it. She did all the windows and lights with one tube of caulking. I used almost one tube doing the corners.:rofl:
Anyways I got it all ripped apart and am letting it dry out till I can get it back together. I need a half sheet of ply to fix the rot. Not bad for 20 years old I think.:thumb:
If we are lucky KaLea will post the pics she took.:thumb:
If not I know it never happened:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Chuck Congratulations of the score. Is this a pull behind trailer? If so with that age take a good look at the leaf springs. One of mine let go on me and it was quite the mess. Launched the trailer in the air and did some damage when it came down. Lucky I had a twin axle trailer or it could have been worse. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Thanks Drew I'll take a look at them. Yes it is a "bumper pull" It's a Shasta 210mb 21 foot bunk house. It has 4 bunks in the back and 2 up front. I did repack the wheel barring yesterday. I was surprised to find that it has brakes on all four wheels. They looked to be in good shape.:thumb: I have had trailers a lot heaver with brakes only on one set of wheels.:dunno: I guess that on my equipment trailers they know your going to be pulling it with a truck that can stop the trailer. But with campers who knows what some people will hook to one and think they are good to go.:rofl::rofl:
The hitch that came with it sits to high by about 3" I have one that is lower but I have not hooked up the trailer on it to see if it is going to work.:dunno:

Thanks Drew I'll take a look at them. Yes it is a "bumper pull" It's a Shasta 210mb 21 foot bunk house. It has 4 bunks in the back and 2 up front. I did repack the wheel barring yesterday. I was surprised to find that it has brakes on all four wheels. They looked to be in good shape.:thumb: I have had trailers a lot heaver with brakes only on one set of wheels.:dunno: I guess that on my equipment trailers they know your going to be pulling it with a truck that can stop the trailer. But with campers who knows what some people will hook to one and think they are good to go.:rofl::rofl:
The hitch that came with it sits to high by about 3" I have one that is lower but I have not hooked up the trailer on it to see if it is going to work.:dunno:

What Hitch??? What Trailer???:huh::huh::huh::huh: I dont think it happened

How long is it Chuck? Did it come with equalizer bars? if not you might want to invest in those as well they make towing any trailer a dream. Also get one of those vent caps that screws down over the roof vent. Trust me you will want to be able to drive with the vent open in the heat. Oh also get some real thick bedding foam 6 inch if you can find it and then cut out some circles the size of your dishes so that they don't move around in the cupboards while your traveling. Also get bungi cords to secure all the cupboard doors. The first trip I did I arrived to find all the contents of my cupboards were on the floor. Big glass jar of spagetti sauce ( yuck) all over the floor. Also get one of these

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/rv-hydro-flush/2096

These are great for flushing out the tank as you don't have to run a hose inside the toilet to flush out the tank. Just hook the hose on and when it is empty flush it out.

How long is it Chuck? Did it come with equalizer bars? if not you might want to invest in those as well they make towing any trailer a dream. Also get one of those vent caps that screws down over the roof vent. Trust me you will want to be able to drive with the vent open in the heat. Oh also get some real thick bedding foam 6 inch if you can find it and then cut out some circles the size of your dishes so that they don't move around in the cupboards while your traveling. Also get bungi cords to secure all the cupboard doors. The first trip I did I arrived to find all the contents of my cupboards were on the floor. Big glass jar of spagetti sauce ( yuck) all over the floor. Also get one of these

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/rv-hydro-flush/2096

These are great for flushing out the tank as you don't have to run a hose inside the toilet to flush out the tank. Just hook the hose on and when it is empty flush it out.

Drew, It didn't happen. No pics, Didn't happen.

Ok so the invisible camper has had the floor fixed, the wheel bearing greased, The potty removed and the floor patched where it was. The black water tank capped, the whole outside caulked, and the frame painted. KaLea has cleaned the inside like 5 times. So I would say at this point it's good to go:thumb:

Geez, everyone's picking on Chuck. Chuck, *I* believe you. ;)

6 bunks is a lot, are you going to keep the trailer configured like that?

Yes Art the bunk up front folds to make a cabinet over the table. So we will just store stuff in it and drop the table for our bed. 3 of the bunks in the back are full of kids the other will be full of stuff. Or a bonce kid.

Thanks to Google Earth and some high-tech Internet trickery, I was able to find this satellite photo of KaLea kicking back in the new camper...

redneck_pics_camper4_3.jpg

Lookin' good, Chuck. :thumb: :rofl: