Hocking Valley Corn Sheller Demonstration

Very cool Mike. We had the more modern version growing up that hooked to the PTO on the tractor. Always amazed me to see how little corn was left on the cobs.

My favorite memory was cleaning out the corn bins every year. We'd block off every hole and by the time we reached the bottom there were a hundred field mice running for their lives. We'd then let the cats in, each would have two in their mouth, one under each paw and trying to catch the next one running by. :)

The project is beautiful Mike. Thanks for showing how it works.

Given i come from Africa, i could not help but think that anyone in the casting business that set up to make these units as modern day reproductions could make a killing shipping those to Africa.

This is just the kind of device that is needed to increase the quality of life of rural Africans.

So many times Church groups and NGOs have very good intentions shipping things such as gas powered milling machines or other devices to rural African villages but there is little appreciation for the fact that there aint not money for gas or a gas station for miles or the ability to maintain a gas powered device.

This is just the kind of device that would be a huge hit amongst the people there.

Anyone know if these things are still made today?