Some of my lathe work

Lee Chadwick

I spend about 8 months out of the year making duck, goose and turkey calls. The majority are spun from my Jet lathe and sent around the country. The rest of the time I spend actually pursuing the game and various other little things in the shop. Here are some of my duck calls
This one is some of the most amazing amboyna burl I have happened upon. Just enough sap wood and spalting to make it truly unique. The band is eucalyptus burl and the insert is striped ebony
amboynaebony451x600.jpg

Next is a yellowbox burl barrel, padauk band and kingwood insert
yellowboxkingwood600x455.jpg

This is a cocobolo call, but all the white you see is actually elk antler
cocoelk600x586.jpg

This last one is a maple burl barrel, mora insert and east india rosewood band
mapleburlmora600x540.jpg

here are a few of my friction style turkey calls
This is a eucalyptus burl pot
eucslate600x455.jpg

Next is an amboyna burl pot
amboynacryssl600x450.jpg

These were a set of calls to commerate the armed forces of the greatest country on earth. The proceeds were donated to an organization that sends much needed supplies over seas to our troops that they normally would not receive
military600x501.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys. And it was absolutely my pleasure to make those calls. I donate several a year, but those were the most worthy

Hi Lee

great work on the calls, can you explain to an idiot like me that aint done any trukey hunting (YET) how that circle call works. What are the holes for ? I can understand the armed forces onces which one scrapes on but the round ones with the holes around the circle i dont quiet get?:dunno:

Hi Lee

great work on the calls, can you explain to an idiot like me that aint done any trukey hunting (YET) how that circle call works. What are the holes for ? I can understand the armed forces onces which one scrapes on but the round ones with the holes around the circle i dont quiet get?:dunno:

No problem Rob. The ones that have the bigger holes in the center are actually two sided calls. On the other side is your primary calling surface ( crystal, glass or slate) which is capable of getting very loud. The smaller hole on the back side gives you the ability to also call from that side with a quieter approach if needed. The really smaller holes are sound holes which allow the sounds to escape from the call after resonating through the sound chamber built inside