What a Load........

Stuart Ablett

...... of junk/garbage.......

junk_garbage.jpg
That is a two tonne truck, loaded up big time, took myself and two buddies about 2 1/2 hours to get all of this junk/garbage out of the Dungeon annex and another 30 minutes or so to load the truck.

My question for you guys is to guess how much I had to pay to have that truck load hauled away, not counting the beer and pizza I gave my two buddies :D

I'm sure glad to have this out of the annex, it was getting so full of "stuff" down there I could hardly get into the room anymore, I still have some tidying up to do down there, but now I have space to do it.

So, how much do you think it cost to haul it away?

:wave:

Zoiks! That's a lot of money for taking a load to the dump.

I've gone quite few times lately and its usually 25$ for a full pick up truck load.

Every now and then they have 'free' days, which I try and take advantage of.

If the price was that high, there'd be even more illegal dumping in the desert. Heck, even at 25$ there are a lot of people that just drive out and dump stuff off in the middle of nowwhere. I'ts always disapointing to be somewhere and all of a sudden come across someone elses trash...

Is there much of a problem with illegal dumping in Japan Stu?

:eek::eek: First i see wood...:D thats not waste. Then you paid WHAT?

Come on home my friend.

Way to go Canada....:rofl::rofl: :thumb::thumb:

I took my trailer to the dump last Sunday...yes around here we have a special dump open through the weekend. What was not recycled cost me $10 Canadian to dump.

Take a look at this place... I am very proud to see this kind of place happening. They going to be building them all over.

http://www.york.ca/Services/Garbage+and+Recycling/McCleary+Court+CEC.htm

This is what i call true commitment to recycling.

You pack your vehicle properly and you proceed as follows

1) Clothing at the goodwill
2) Construction material at Habitat for Humanity
3) Scrap bins for all sorts such as tires , steel (bicycles etc) , drywall, wood, etc
4) Recycle blue bins for plastic glass etc
5) Waste that does not it the above. (here you pay per load depending on whether you a business or resident of the region.

This kind of place just makes so much sense.

Then up the road from this place is a "Hazardous Waste Dump" for oil, batteries and other types of toxi waste generated at home.

We do have roadside pickup but if you in clean up mode and have mixed waste you wish to get rid of they make it so you have no reason to be a bad person and go dumping it in places you should not. Some still do unfortunately.

Sad you had to pay so much that is a real deterent to proper waste disposal. Most of that wood would be recycled here unless its pressure treated.

stu, you did not overpay for living in a large, heavily populated city.
In New York, a 20 yard container can run up to 800 and then taxes added up on that.
I paid a crew 1100.00 us dollars to clean out my basement in my store a year and half ago.
Id say I had twice as much garbage as that, but they had to carry it all up the stairs and dump it.
To save money now, Ill put one piece or break it all down into pieces and put a little out at a time and let my carter take it away. He wont take heavy steel pieces, but will cart almost anything else.

I guess I feel pretty fortunate cause for $30 a month my trash company will haul off whatever I put out. They just hauled off all the old cabinets, countertops and trash from tearing out my kitchen.