Friday again

Been putting together a new AR15 and finished it up this week. Planning to take it to the range and do some test fires and sighting it in. I checked the head space, but I'm still going to wear welding gloves for the first clip.

Have another set of gun grips I've been working on for my HP22, putting the final coats on them. I need to write up the tutorial, I took lots of pics for it. May start making a few to sell to pay for my bad habits.

Sunday, Dinner with the kids. Probably get some oil changed on the Tahoe.

Already??? Slow it down, will ya??? Gracious, hadn't even thought about weekend plans. :doh:
Right now (alright, not RIGHT now. ) I've been mowing and doing yard work and sweating. Wifey gone for day, I might get in some shop time later. Dunno about this evening. Shower then vegetate in front of tube with a glass of wine probably.
Tomorrow, a.m. church, later late breakfast. After that whatever wife wants. Maybe cruise antique shops.

I was heading to the Farm in Va with 2000 beetles and a skinned out 9 pointers head to let the beetles have at it but the beetles did not come, so plans changed to a weekday trip down next week. So maybe I'll skin out the other 2 heads and spend a little time in the shop and do church Saturday evening and for the 1st time this year head to the river for a small mouth fishing bonanza.

At home tonight with my sick daughter while the wife goes to an end of the school year party. Tomorrow I need to get ready for an art show in the afternoon and then off to my nephew's high school graduation. Sunday hopefully some shop time after yard work.

Well, I wasn't sure what I was going to do until I left for work yesterday morning. 40' limb down in the back yard out of the Bradford Pear. (Anyone local need some to turn with? Biggest part is about 7-8" diameter) Took the Cable line out. Don't know how it missed the power line 2 feet above that.:eek: So I have some chain saw work to do in the cool Texas sun. :rolleyes: From there, we'll see. Need to go get laminate and glue for the extension table, but that may have to wait 'til next Friday when I'm off. Have a great weekend! Jim.

Family time this evening. Tox-Away day tomorrow--going to get rid of old microwave and window AC. Yard work followed by a little shop time. Sunday--church, Pocono, writing thank you notes for retirement gifts, and puttering in shop.

My weekend just multiplied in magnitude. Second limb came down during the night. None of us heard it!! And the end of it landed right by the bedroom window!!!!DSCN2670.jpgDSCN2669.jpg
This limb is slightly shorter than the first. First one steps off at 40'.
So the whole tree's gonna come down, one way or another. Big problem is the power service for the shop runs right underneath the side that hasn't fallen yet. I'm going to try to get ONCOR out to disconnect the shop for a few days while I get the rest down on the ground. So definitely, no shop time for me this weekend! :( Jim.

I'm packing for the trip to Mike's class in NC. And getting ready for worship tomorrow. Then point the nose of the car east and head out on tour!

Going to look at another rescue puppy Sunday.

Saturday if not raining I'll cut the grass and get a little shop time in. I sold my shopsmith last week and had to throw in my crosscut sled. So I gotta make another.