OK Feds come git me

Frank Fusco

I went and did it, I don't care what the Feds say or think, I did it anyway and I'm glad.
What dastardly crime did I commit? :eek: I confess, I disabled that annoying automatic cut-off switch on my riding lawnmower. Having to shut down and restart every time I got off was real pain. I constantly have rocks and sticks to pick up and toss into the woods. Plus the switch kept popping out of the retainer making the mower shut down in the middle of work.
I took it off, held the plunger down with vice grips, drilled a hole all the way through, stuck a piece of brazing rod in the hole, wrapped it all with Gorilla tape, then more Gorilla tape to secure it to the seat bracket. Now it runs when I want it to and doesn't shut off unless I make it. Color me :D
G-Men ye can come git me now.

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought "Oh no...Frank's gone and built hisself a still." :rofl:

I have a Velcro cable tie on the handle of my lawnmower to keep the safety lever held in place so I can let go of the grip and not have the mower shut off. I feel your frustration, Frank. ;)

If they send you to the federal penn in Terre Haute, I'll drive over and visit.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

There's a whole new idea for Family visits. :thumb:

Tour de Wood 2011: The Big House Tour

FW%20Jailbird.jpg

:rofl:

I went and did it, I don't care what the Feds say or think, I did it anyway and I'm glad.
What dastardly crime did I commit? :eek: I confess, I disabled that annoying automatic cut-off switch on my riding lawnmower. Having to shut down and restart every time I got off was real pain. I constantly have rocks and sticks to pick up and toss into the woods. Plus the switch kept popping out of the retainer making the mower shut down in the middle of work.
I took it off, held the plunger down with vice grips, drilled a hole all the way through, stuck a piece of brazing rod in the hole, wrapped it all with Gorilla tape, then more Gorilla tape to secure it to the seat bracket. Now it runs when I want it to and doesn't shut off unless I make it. Color me :D
G-Men ye can come git me now.

I don't mind the shut down when I get off, but mine has a switch that shuts it down if I have the PTO on and put it in reverse... nuisance to have to shut off the PTO every time I want or need to back up...

Besides, I think we need to take all the safety precautions off everything and let nature take it's course.... :rofl::rofl:

I'm a rebel too. As soon as I get my SawStop I'm gonna disconnect the blade stop. No one is gonna tell me what to do :rofl::rofl::rofl:

That is voluntary on your part. It won't shut down if you step away.
I would rankle if the Feds required SS features on our tools.
The best, sometimes worst, safety feature is the nut operating the equipment.