had me a visitor

Larry and Randi stopped by last night to deliver some wood from MI. had a nice chat and will be going out for some vittles this am.;)Will also be taking a side trip up to show him that big house i've been building.:)
Didn't no he was going to bring me a hole lots of turning blanks, and some flat pieces also.:D. I guess i'm babysitting these BIG slabs for a week or so. One goes to Carol and one goes to Vaughn. Not sure maybe i'll just keep Vaughns as it ain't gonna fit on his lathe anyway.:rofl::rofl: I tell ya what vaughn and Carol ya better have some help moving these things as they are a lot bigger in person then the pics show. Well here's some pics for the pic police just to prove that it did happen.:D Larry said we were not allowed to bring the wifes in, but as that's a good pic of the two of them holding on to a piece i made for them i'll post it anyway.:p
Steve

Attachments

• 011 [800x600].JPG
    011 [800x600].JPG
    108 KB · Views: 86
  • 003 [800x600].JPG
    003 [800x600].JPG
    141 KB · Views: 73
  • 001 [800x600].JPG
    001 [800x600].JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 69
Good to see you got a visit from the Ambassador. Man, those are a couple of nice chocolate crotch pieces he left with you. :thumb: You should be able to get some awesome pieces out of those.

That big slab's gonna make me a whole passel of nice bottle stoppers, huh? Might even get a couple pens out of the scraps, too. :rofl:

Good to see you got a visit from the Ambassador. Man, those are a couple of nice chocolate crotch pieces he left with you. :thumb: You should be able to get some awesome pieces out of those.

That big slab's gonna make me a whole passel of nice bottle stoppers, huh? Might even get a couple pens out of the scraps, too. :rofl:

He also left me some nice maple pieces.:Dhere's a better pic of that chocolate piece with a tape put on for scale.
Yea man that big slab will make ya more pen blanks and bottle stoppers to last a life time.:rofl::rofl:

Attachments

• 004 [640x480].JPG
    004 [640x480].JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 005 [640x480].JPG
    005 [640x480].JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 006 [640x480].JPG
    006 [640x480].JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 40
Pen blanks and bottle stoppers from those slabs:eek::eek::eek: don't you dare:p:rofl::rofl::rofl: Good to see you made it down there safely:thumb: And I know your next project Larry, you need to make a nice display case for all the goodies you have been getting lately, that is if you have enough wood left to build one:rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl: and stephen nice "piece":thumb::thumb::thumb:

Well, the next handoff will happen in a few weeks as I return from JCCFS. Lookin" good! Stephen, you need to PM or email me your phone and address. Thanks.

Just got them sent off with a good meal and a tour of the house. they were everything everyone said about them super people. Here's a few more pics at the house i'm working at just before they left to go back home.

Attachments

• 008 [800x600].JPG
    008 [800x600].JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 007 [800x600].JPG
    007 [800x600].JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 006 [640x480].JPG
    006 [640x480].JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 009 [640x480].JPG
    009 [640x480].JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 50
Tried real hard to give this to larry , but he keep backing up, saying no way.:rofl: told him i woun't tell and would even load it my self so no one would see him touching it, but still no deal, not even for free.:dunno::rofl:

I'm pretty sure it's because of the Reeves drive. He'd have taken it if it had a VFD. :p

Great visit Stephen, and i think you dun real good posting both of them we got you covered if he gives you grief:D:thumb:

Wow his truck must be light after dropping all that cargo. Looking forward to seeing what you guys do with that loot.

I notice Larry gave up the plaid shirt for your visit. :)

That sure is one heck of a house. How many people gonna live there?

Great visit Stephen, and i think you dun real good posting both of them we got you covered if he gives you grief:D:thumb:

Wow his truck must be light after dropping all that cargo. Looking forward to seeing what you guys do with that loot.

I notice Larry gave up the plaid shirt for your visit. :)

That sure is one heck of a house. How many people gonna live there?

Rob after posting that pic of the two of them, had a talk with Vaughn and we decided it was best if i talked to Larry about the pic. well i did as it was only right, but they didn't have a problem with it. So i left it here:) Tryed to load his truck back up so it didn't feel like it was being left out, but he woun't have anything to do with that lathe.:rofl:
As far as the house it's just the doc his wife and there daughter.The daughter will be going to collage in the fall, so she might not even be moving in before we get it done.:eek:

well i had to show restraint and set a good example to steve and the othewr steve i meet this wknd:) and vaughn is on to me a little i would have looked harder if were mutard yelo and and hade a cage around it.. as for the load coming back the ole truck was glad to have the load lifted it was full enough that the frt end was a little free.. but we got that lightened up considerably at steve southwoods.. then it was on to the other steve,, both of you guys said nice things about the visits but you had from us but in all sincerity it was i who felt special.. the warmth i received from some ole hill billys was great.. and to add some more suspense to this short trip.. we made a surprise inspection of a corn crib.. that one of us calls a shop:) he never knew what hit him till i had already passed it will a green sticker:) jonathan and louanne were on there way to a newly wed gift opening party and i missed cake again:) but at least jonathan was all cleaned up for the visit:) no hat either.. thanks to all for a great mini tour.. and your all welcome up this way any time:)

well here is some proof that i do smile once in awhile, me and steve bellinger hit it off really well, and he filled another interest of mine. he showed me the biggest house framing job i have ever seen up close and personal:D:D:thumb: and his humor was tuff to resist.. we laughed alot while together,, could reflect back to my framing days and knew where he was at and what it took to get where he is on this one.. he had his little grand daughter with us as well and she is a charmer for sure, i think she got it from grampa:D:thumb::thumb:tn_DSCF2837.JPG

tn_DSCF2846.JPG

well here is some proof that i do smile once in awhile, me and steve bellinger hit it off really well, and he filled another interest of mine. he showed me the biggest house framing job i have ever seen up close and personal:D:D:thumb: and his humor was tuff to resist.. we laughed alot while together,, could reflect back to my framing days and knew where he was at and what it took to get where he is on this one.. he had his little grand daughter with us as well and she is a charmer for sure, i think she got it from grampa:D:thumb::thumb:View attachment 46114

View attachment 46115

Well ya don't get any better then having good folks like Larry and Randi stop by.:D Didn't really no what to expect, but he was every thing everyone said and more.Now Sher want's to take a trip up to MI.:DWanted to put him to work setting beams, but seeing as he was on tour i thought i better be nice.:rofl: Now if there is is a next time your not getting a way that easy.:p:rofl: Just kidding ofcorse. Now i think Trinnity is more like Sher but thanks anyway.:wave: