New shop Dog

Bob Gibson

We were not sure that we wanted another dog after Razz passed away but when we met this little guy it was an instant bond.
He is a rescue puppy from Puppy Angels in Warner, NH.
He is a German Shepard / Lab cross and has more energy than I do.

Trying to come up with a name for him is proving difficult. Any ideas??:):)

puppy.jpg

Looks like a great dog!

Names.....

Dado

Fiddleback

Mape

Collet

Snipe

Rip

Kerf

Curly

Bark

Rabbet

Bench

Janka

Mortise

Muntin

Pith

Tenon

Next..... :D :wave:

Just to mess with peoples minds the individually pronounced letters D o g. You'd be amazed how many people comment on that's an interesting name never realizing the name is Dog. Then you can keep the chuckle to your self or share it with the person.

The best advice on dog names comes from a friend we used to have...

"Whatever name you pick, make sure you FIRST practise yelling it out the back door..."

(They had unfortunately named their dog "Romeo", and what a mistake that was...)

Our trainers said a dog's name should always have two syllables to allow the dog to more easily differentiate the name from a command, which invariably have one syllable (sit, stay, heal, come, etc.)

Given the mask he has, some super hero perhaps?:D

I am happy for you Bob. Looks like a nice dog, should be an intersting mix looking at those paws it aint gonna stay small for long. Invest in dog food shares now.:D Lovely color.:thumb:

Aint much good with names sorry.:(

Congrats, Bob. He looks like a sweetheart. One of our three has similar coloration and marking.

The best advice on dog names comes from a friend we used to have...

"Whatever name you pick, make sure you FIRST practise yelling it out the back door..."

(They had unfortunately named their dog "Romeo", and what a mistake that was...)

Dang...there goes my suggestion of naming him "Help Me". :rolleyes: :p

My wife said if I was going to name him about woodworking that I should name him OH---- :eek: after the most common phrase she hears from the basement. Sorry if that's pushing the CoC rules.

Got some great names here. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: Kind of leaning towards Delta, Bandit, Sam, ???
Norm...gotta love it :thumb:

I chose this name because of his facial features" Cut,Cut---but if his name is chosen because of something that involve wood work---KNOTHOLE

Great looking pup you've got Bob!

Our trainers said a dog's name should always have two syllables to allow the dog to more easily differentiate the name from a command, which invariably have one syllable (sit, stay, heal, come, etc.)

That would limit me to one syllable cuss words when mine did something bad, of course mine already knows that she's been bad and avoids me. Bad though for Audrey is shredding a Kleenex on the floor on either my or my wife's side of the bed (depending who she's mad at) in a neat little pile...stating "I'm very angry with you!". Most of the time when we've left to run errands without her or forget to give her a daily treat at the right time. You give her the treat a half our late and you're the one in trouble the rest of the day.