a fww picnic day?

Folks, I have a second wedding for this year on Labor Day Weekend. I am not going anywhere this year. Not a party pooper in the least though, 2011, I would willingly host a picnic here at my farm. Room for campers, tents can be pitched. Before any alcohol is opened, guns on the range anything from BB guns to high caliber rifles, bows, muzzleloaders, all welcome. All of you will be able to see the building and cleaning that is going on this summer for this fall's wedding of Fina and Josh. I throw that out there for you to mull over for next year. call for address or pm me:)

Last edited by a moderator:
An annual gathering of that sort would be great IMHO, and the gathering place could be changed each year to give the chance to come to those that are too far away.

In my case I think it will be always easier the fact of me coming there once again than all the rest of you coming to Spain, although I'm open to organizing it here if you feel like.;)

If you held it in the Cincinnati area and sometime on the weekend of Oct 1 - 3 (Friday - Sunday), you could all attend the Woodworking in America conference that Popular Woodworking is hosting. It is a big event with big names like Roy Underhill, Frank Klause, Michael Fortune, Jim Tolpin, Don Williams, etc. Of course Christopher Schwarz and the rest of the Popular Woodworking staff will be there. Not only that but every hand tool vendor in the country will be making the trip. I understand the marketplace is stuffed full of vendors you do not normally see. Many are small tool makers.

Heck, I might even drive out and collect that stash of walnut from Larry.

If you held it in the Cincinnati area and sometime on the weekend of Oct 1 - 3 (Friday - Sunday), you could all attend the Woodworking in America conference that Popular Woodworking is hosting. It is a big event with big names like Roy Underhill, Frank Klause, Michael Fortune, Jim Tolpin, Don Williams, etc. Of course Christopher Schwarz and the rest of the Popular Woodworking staff will be there. Not only that but every hand tool vendor in the country will be making the trip. I understand the marketplace is stuffed full of vendors you do not normally see. Many are small tool makers.

Link to event

Around the 1st of Sept. my wife will be back teaching. Ohio is a 14 hr drive for me. Chicagoland probably 17 hours.

If its a 8-9 hr drive I could probably handle it.

Maybe Allen's original thought about having regional picnics might be a better idea. :dunno::dunno: Anyway a poll sounds like a good idea.:thumb:

if you get that close bill, you and rebecca had better drop in or i will send out the posse to get you:) and i think i could find some chocolate with your name on it:)

...Maybe Allen's original thought about having regional picnics might be a better idea. :dunno::dunno: Anyway a poll sounds like a good idea.:thumb:

I agree with both of these points. Heck, even those of us on the west side of the country could do something similar.

Isn't registration for that already fully-booked/closed?

Doesn't say so on the website. First I've heard of this. Looks pretty interesting....

But if I do the math, I'd be looking at 2 nights in a hotel, plus food, plus gas, plus the $335 for the conferences... Suddenly it's a $1000 weekend. :(

some body gotta pick a spot and see how many can make it and a day.
It aint gonna accomodate everyone, but if we want to do this, we have to start somewhere.
I would say, hey Ill organize it, but I dont have a clue of a spot to meet west of the hudson river. Someone has to designate a spot, then perhaps we can work a day off that spot.