A little luck & and a lot of dumb

The Luck = I purchased a new tree for my yard, when the nursery delivered it he noticed a wishing well in my yard. He liked it, we agreed on a price and he ordered 10 of them.

The Dumb #1 = I built the first two in my shop. When I went to take them out I had to remove the top section to get them out of the shop and reinstall them out side. Reminds me of the guy that built the boat in the basement.

Dumb # 2 = (almost ashamed to mention this one) I'm, working with cedar and I'm using the respirator that Rob Keeble recommended, (thanks Rob it's fantastic) any way I wear glasses and a baseball cap. I have to remove the cap and glasses to put on the respirator. I set the cap on the bench, put on my glasses and start working. When I remove the respirator I remove the glasses take off the respirator, put on the cap and glasses.

I sanded some parts, took off the respirator, replaced the cap and couldn't find my glasses. I called my wife to help me look, we emptied the trash, looked in the cutoff bin, swept the floor, cleaned off all the benches and still no glasses. I dug out an old pair and figured the missing pair would show up sooner or later. Two hours later the wife called me for dinner, I came in the house and the rules are you don't sit at the table with a hat on. I removed the hat and yes, there were the glasses. Apparently the hat was on the bench, I removed the glasses, set them IN THE HAT, removed the respirator, replaced the hat and spent an hour looking for the glasses.

Jiggs Elphison

Attachments

• wishing well #1 (600 x 450).jpg
    wishing well #1 (600 x 450).jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 43
Nice job Jiggs
That reminds of when I first started working nights on aircraft in Roswell NM I spent 3 hours trying to find the side cutter I had been using even pulled up the floor where I had been doing my inspection. Checked all pockets I don't know how many times someone finely said look in you hand. I had been changing them from hand to hand checking my pockets. I HATED THE NIGHT SHIFT :doh::doh::huh::huh::huh::dunno::dunno:

Nice job Jiggs
That reminds of when I first started working nights on aircraft in Roswell NM I spent 3 hours trying to find the side cutter I had been using even pulled up the floor where I had been doing my inspection. Checked all pockets I don't know how many times someone finely said look in you hand. I had been changing them from hand to hand checking my pockets. I HATED THE NIGHT SHIFT :doh::doh::huh::huh::huh::dunno::dunno:

Besides that we all now know you were not CUT out to work the night shift. Just to funny Jay. Was it really 3 hours.

Nice wishing wells :thumb:

I keep at least three pairs of safety glasses on the go around the Dungeon, and at least another three brand new ones in stock on a shelf, just because I'm dumb too :D

You should have wished you could find your glasses, Jiggs. I mean, you already had the wells there already. :rolleyes: :rofl:

I had a boss years ago who spent the good part of an afternoon on a semi-rampage around the office because he couldn't find his glasses. Nobody had the guts to tell him the glasses were on his head. :D