Tell me what you think about this

I think that I don't understand an entry fee of $100.

I know juried competitions charge fees, but I don't think this is quite in that league. (But I actually don't know what standard rates for those might be either.)

Was it the fee catching your eye?

The fee seems high to me too...:dunno:

Me three. ;)

The grand prize is a business consultation? Doesn't seem like that strong of a draw to me. Other than the prize, your work would also get some public exposure. Only you can guess if you'd get $100 worth of advertising value out of that exposure. It may very well be worth it, but I'm not familiar with the magazine, so I don't really know.

Your were all struck the same as me. Fee seems high especially since your only submitting 3 photos. There is not public showing that I can see. Of course I am sure they are going to do articles on some of the contestants and whatever they make. That I would love! Not the least bit interested in someone telling me how to run my business. When they heard my budget they would say fold up. :rofl:

OK, just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me but you guys saw it too. I could put that $100 into a lot of Google advertising.

I had a couple of magazines in mind for doing just that Vaughn, but I am not at the point where I am comfortable with that. I still have some things I want to work on. I think I am just about ready to to build a "show boat". I know I am my worst critic but I still see to many flaws, but I am close. Just working out a few details.

Drew, I don't think it is a scam since the Mag. is real. Just looks like it is a money maker for the Magazine and not much to offer the competitors. Feels to much like a Lottery for my tastes.