lowes 25 dollars off 250 purchase

allen levine

I have a card that expires 6-30-10, just got it yesterday. if anyone wants to save 10 percent on a 250 purchase, Id send it to them tomorrow or monday so they have time to use it.

Nice of you. I'll pass. But, a reminder, veterans get 10% off at Lowe's anytime just asking for it.

This has been an issue from time to time. I actually sent away and got some official dd214's just for this. I then had Lowe's claim you need a valid military ID or card from the VA and a DD214 wasn't acceptable. They even showed me a letter from the shirts that said so. Ended up giving me the discount. This past week I bought some plumbing supplies at the same store asked for the Vet discount and it was no problem.

Many of us vets that were lucky enough to come out unwounded and a little to young to get tn the prescription drug program don't have a VA card.

So it seems to vary....

But I always ask and even argue a little for it. They are the one that made the claim they are doing it and when they do I certainly appreciate it....

Last edited:
This has been an issue from time to time. I actually sent away and got some official dd214's just for this. I then had Lowe's claim you need a valid military ID or card from the VA and a DD214 wasn't acceptable. They even showed me a letter from the shirts that said so. Ended up giving me the discount. This past week I bought some plumbing supplies at the same store asked for the Vet discount and it was no problem.

Many of us vets that were lucky enough to come out unwounded and a little to young to get tn the prescription drug program don't have a VA card.

So it seems to vary....

But I always ask and even argue a little for it. They are the oon that made the claim they are doing it and when they do I certainly appreciate it....

Just take your DD214 to any VA hospital along with regular ID, like a drivers license, stop at the information desk and ask for a card.

I never have that trouble at any of the box stores. I just tell them I am a vet.

Did have one girl give me a funny look. Told her I was shot in the rear like Forrest Gump and ask if she wanted to see the scar:rofl::rofl::rofl: It worked.