Gulf Oil Spill

There are lots of things in this world that make me sick, but I come to Family Woodworking, not to hide in the sand, but to enjoy my friends and my hobby of woodworking.

Lots of other places you can read all about the sick things in the world, Family Woodworking is kind of a respite from all of that.

Just my opinion :wave:

This is posted on another site, it gives some good insite;

I work offshore on a drilling rig. I have worked offshore for 21 years now. I spent two years on a BP job. I can tell you from experience that BP was the worst people to work for in my 21 years offshore. At the time of the explosion, I was on a Transocean rig, heading home the next morning. I found out about it that morning and then found out that a fellow worker and friend didn't make it off of the rig.
We were in the same situation that BP was but I was working for another operator and we didn't kill anyone or hurt the enviroment. BP made really bad decisions that led up to the blow out. We were in the same situation, we "killed" the well, and we set a cast iron bridge plug before setting a cement plug and all was safe and all was fine and we displaced the riser with seawater. BP opted not to do this before displacing the riser with seawater and the MMS gave them permission to take the short cuts. No operation like this is done without MMS approval! The only reason why they wouldn't set the bridge plug is because it would have cost them another 8-10 hours, and then the next rig that was to come to the location would save a few hours not having to drill out the cast iron bridge plug. So it was a matter of wanting to save a dollar and getting in too much of a hurry. That cost people there lives, and their families a lot of heartache! I have worked in "deewater" for more than 13 years and the only time I have seen this kind of recklesness was on a BP job.

I think the moratorium is only going to hurt Louisiana. People are already getting laid off and the rigs will go overseas and most will not come back for years. The price of oil will increase and everyone around the country will be seeing higher prices for gasoline. South Louisiana depends on the oilfield and the money it brings to the state. Like I said before, THIS ACCIDENT WAS CAUSED BY RECLESSNESS! Don't punish the entire industry fro the Brit's mistake!!!

lets not forget those who lost there lives and the tragedy that we all are gonna have to deal with in some form or another but let this forum be i a wood working forum and not dredge up more strife amongst us please.. we can read about it if we want in the news columns, not here.. i too have friends involved with this from the south but i am not gonna voice there thoughts or what i feel is right or wrong with the whole thing ..just read your news and make your own ideas elswhere please.