Salt and pepper box

Jeb Taylor

My wife was wanting a jar like she saw a chef on TV using, so I gave my first box a shot. Mitered corners rounded off with a sanding disc and a solid top with the center cutout with a router. I think it came out pretty good. A little oil inside, BLO/poly/wax on the outside.

Attachments

• IMG_1054_1.jpg
    IMG_1054_1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1055_1.jpg
    IMG_1055_1.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1056_1.jpg
    IMG_1056_1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 75
Nice work Jeb!

You've made an awesome little piece of kitchen equipment your wife will use and treasure for years.

I turned a little salt cellar for myself out of maple and I use it everyday for kosher salt. Once you get in the habit of using something like this you wonder what you did without it. It gives you such a better idea of how much salt you put into something rather than just shaking it out of something...

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Ooo! That looks super nice! Y'see, this is EXACTLY what I wanted to do. Something small so I could introduce myself to the world of woodworking. It looks like so much fun (the process of woodworking), but patio furniture seems a tad difficult.

Since I'm naive to the whole process, may I ask how you started and ended this project? I love the glossy finish. Lovely!