unhappy with Mazda

That sort of thing happens more than you think. Part of it is having your facts all together, not making an idiot of yourself demanding things, but being persistent, and getting to the right person. Glad Mazda came through for you. I've owned 3 new Mazda vehicles starting with my first new car when I was in High School, and I loved everyone of them. Never had a warranty claim on any of them either. Jim.

Mazda came through

I mentioned in a earlier, different thread, that my daughter was rear ended today. Not her fault and she wasn't injured. Her Mazda didn't have much damage. But the offending car, a BMW, was totaled, according to Danielle "totaly destroyed".
The offenders insurance will repair the car and give her a loaner in the meantime.
So, Mazda is still on the 'OK' list. :thumb:

Attachments

• Mazda rear.jpg
    Mazda rear.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 14
I mentioned in a earlier, different thread, that my daughter was rear ended today. Not her fault and she wasn't injured. Her Mazda didn't have much damage. But the offending car, a BMW, was totaled, according to Danielle "totaly destroyed".

A woman - driving a BMW - talking on the phone.....

Gee Frank. Next you'll be telling us is that she's a blond.:rofl::rofl:

All it takes is one sour note and we are quick to blame the whole industry. Here, I am a Ford Truck fan, but I also have a Mazda Miata, for LOML and a ton of my friends are Mazda familys, One friend even owns a "Recycle Center" specializing in Mazda. They run forever...

The window is a free fix under comprehensive insurance... and the AC may be the cause of poor MPG, from the gitgo. I have yet to own a vehicle that something doesn't break. In recient years the instances are fewer and further apart but still, with millions of them out there there are the odds of getting a faulty part.

not completely related, but I stuck with a problem on a car and finally, after a year and half got it taken care off.
long story:

but each time it rained, not the same as spraying it down, water found its way down the doorway, down to the floor, under the carpet, the padding was damp, and there are sensors below the back seat in the car, and whenever they got a bit of moisture, it was messing up things.
I stuck with it, they finally figured it out.
they ripped the entire car apart and put all new carpet and padding, everything was new. but it worked fine and I drove it for 10 years after that problem free.

Allen,
I edited out part of your story because I wanted to confirm that if you stick with a problem, dealers will find a way to fix it eventually.... Back in '72 I had a VW camper bus... had it tuned one day and after it was returned made a trip from SF to LA with the family. On return, the wife took off in the van and when she got to a stop sign, it died. She restarted and took off until the next stop sign where it died... when she got it home, I tried it... it ran for me at the stop sign, but when I let her drive it died... discovered that at a stop sign, I kept my foot on the accelerator but she didn't... so back to the shop to let them check it out. I knew the mechanic there and asked for him specifically. When I described the problem, he said immediately there was a problem with the carburetors (why a 4 cylinder, 78 horse engine has 2 carbs.. beyond me...) VW said not the problem... try something else. Long story short... 17 documented trips back to the dealer... including them keeping it for two weeks and sending the vehicle to their mechanics school in Oakland.. and sending a mechanic to my house at 6:30 to see if I was starting it correctly... they still could not find a problem. Finally the mechanic took it upon himself to ignore the VW manuals and took the carburetors apart... one of them had a crimped jet... may have been done on the original tune up.. who knows... but that was the problem... ran like a champ after that.

Allen,
I edited out part of your story because I wanted to confirm that if you stick with a problem, dealers will find a way to fix it eventually.... Back in '72 I had a VW camper bus... had it tuned one day and after it was returned made a trip from SF to LA with the family. On return, the wife took off in the van and when she got to a stop sign, it died. She restarted and took off until the next stop sign where it died... when she got it home, I tried it... it ran for me at the stop sign, but when I let her drive it died... discovered that at a stop sign, I kept my foot on the accelerator but she didn't... so back to the shop to let them check it out. I knew the mechanic there and asked for him specifically. When I described the problem, he said immediately there was a problem with the carburetors (why a 4 cylinder, 78 horse engine has 2 carbs.. beyond me...) VW said not the problem... try something else. Long story short... 17 documented trips back to the dealer... including them keeping it for two weeks and sending the vehicle to their mechanics school in Oakland.. and sending a mechanic to my house at 6:30 to see if I was starting it correctly... they still could not find a problem. Finally the mechanic took it upon himself to ignore the VW manuals and took the carburetors apart... one of them had a crimped jet... may have been done on the original tune up.. who knows... but that was the problem... ran like a champ after that.

I thought VW camper busses from the 60s and 70s were SUPPOSED to stall. :eek: Isn't that why we saw so many along the roadsides? ;)

I thought VW camper busses from the 60s and 70s were SUPPOSED to stall. :eek: Isn't that why we saw so many along the roadsides? ;)

That reminds me of a couple of Harley Davidson jokes.

Question: Did you know that 96% of all the Harley's ever made are still on the road?
Answer: The other 4% made it home.

Question: What's the best thing to carry on the back of a Harley?
Answer: A mechanic.

Mike