Got an E Mail from my son in Afghanastan

Don Baer

Staff member
He's doing good. There are teaching him to drive one of these.

attachment.php

MRAP Ambulance. He also said thanks for all the well wishes.

Attachments

• MRAP.jpg
    MRAP.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 92
Glad he's doing good Don:thumb: that's one BIG vehicle:eek: keep it under 90 in the corners, looks a little top heavy:p

Thats more then just an ambulance. I been doing some reading on it, it's a mobile hospital and can carry and care for up tp 3 wounded. MRAP stand for mine resitant, ambush protected.

Here an internal shot of one of these mobile ER's

attachment.php

The interior of an MRAP ambulance is configured for three litter patients. MRAPs were designed to increase safety of troops operating in an environment heavy with mines, improvised explosive devices and ambushes.

Attachments

• MRAP1.jpg
    MRAP1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 79
Glad he's doing good Don:thumb: that's one BIG vehicle:eek: keep it under 90 in the corners, looks a little top heavy:p

according to what Iv'e been reading thats is exactly why they have to go to school on these big guys. Joe should have no problem since when he's not on a deployment he drives the rescue truck as a volunteer first responder for the onslow county rescue squad.

Last edited:
Impressive. Here's hoping he stays safe and helps some other guys get home safely. That's one impressive vehicle, for sure... :thumb:

Thats a safe place to be in Don. BTW here is another one supplied by a SA company to the US forces. Seems the years of bush war in SA gave rise to some proven combat anti mine vehicles.

id_rg31_375.jpg

US ordered 148 of these and Canada 50, other middle east states also added a few to the books.

My acknowledgement and prayers go for him and his comrades. Although I'm not american I feel that they are also fighting there for us as well. Spain has got some soldiers there as well but not as many as you have.
Thanks to all of them