Visitors

My dad used to hunt them with dogs... if you had a good dog he could kill the raccoon or as called in the deep south 'coon'... if they could get close to water, they could drown a dog....

When we lived in the outskirts of Houston, my wife and I came home one night to find that one had gone into the kitchen through the cat door and pulled down the hanging fruit basket she had hanging in the kitchen. To get to the basket the raccoon had to climb up on the stove and jump to the basket. He heard us drive up and as we stepped up onto the deck he ran out of the house and scurried across the deck away from us.

And I had to build a 2x6 framed heavy wire walled bin to keep the trash cans in to keep them out of the trash... I put a hasp with a snap hook on it and they still got in... so I pad locked it.... I think they picked the lock.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

We, unfortunately, have had squirrels in our house a couple of times. Once, we weren't home, and one trashed the inside trim of about 20 windows trying to get out I guess. Each time my husband has had to take care of them with a 7-iron. We back onto a green space and raccoons are clearly nesting nearby. A beaver cut down an apple tree in our backyard one night last year. :( The dog was barking like crazy but we thought it was just the wind on a stormy night.

I hear ya all but i bet you aint ever experienced wild monkeys in your home. Oh boy thats another experience. Dont know who is worse monkeys or racoons.:huh: At least my experience with racoons so far is they dont deficate all over the place when stressed like monkeys do.:(

I hear ya all but i bet you aint ever experienced wild monkeys in your home. Oh boy thats another experience. Dont know who is worse monkeys or racoons.:huh: At least my experience with racoons so far is they dont deficate all over the place when stressed like monkeys do.:(

On my list of things to avoid, living in a town that has wild monkeys is about number 4. :p I don't think I'll ever be the same ever since that incident with the neighbor's wildebeest (number 3 on the list). :rolleyes:

On my list of things to avoid, living in a town that has wild monkeys is about number 4. :p I don't think I'll ever be the same ever since that incident with the neighbor's wildebeest (number 3 on the list). :rolleyes:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just for the record we used to live in a place back in SA where our house was on their morning route. The whole troop would come through the yard bouncing on roofs etc.

It was real fun actually...well it got a little stale at times when they would drop the paw paws pz-pawpaw.jpgfrom the tree and watch over ripe paw paws smash down on the concrete surface outside our dinning room.

I had to also remove the great banana trees we had cause we never got any.:rofl::rofl:

But they got to feel the rath of my catapult too.:rofl::rofl: Except there is nothing funnier than a vervet monkeyvervet monkey.jpg

looking at you and playing dogeball with a steel ball coming towards him. :rofl: They have unbelievable eyesight and reaction time. You had to get them off guard if you hoped to get a shot in and you had better be accurate first time.:rofl:

Ted i aint at that human monkey stage yet thank goodness. I got two grown monkeys and they all i can handle right now.

Last edited:

Hmmmm, you think you have problems?
polar-bears.jpg

I have this sudden urge to go watch "The Gods Must Be Crazy" ...

Quick update....

Well, nobody got shot. That's the good news. Spent several hours cleaning out the shop yesterday... that's also good news.

No nest. Hurrah! Closed the door, and they went somewhere else to forage. So far, so good.

From this day forward, all animals, animal feed, and water dishes are banished from the shop. Triple hurrah!

As for monkeys, well, none of those so far. Just one big ape, lumbering around, cursing and messing all his projects up! ;)

Thanks,

Bill