Dang this heat!!!

We are working on around our 15th day of 90 or above temps. Many have been over 95. Today it's supposed to be around 98. The humidity is up so the feels like is over 100. For comparison average temps this time of year are around 84. This is late July weather for us. It's hot and I'm over it!!!

It's so hot the squirrels are handling their nuts with potholders.

It's so hot trees are whistling for dogs.

It's so hot you learn that a seat belt makes a pretty good branding iron.

Sorry about the heat John, but the above:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Today
Jun 23

32.gif

Sunny

107°
77°

0%

107°F

Thu
Jun 24

32.gif

Sunny

109°
80°

0%

109°F

Fri
Jun 25

32.gif

Sunny

107°
78°

0%

107°F

Sat
Jun 26

32.gif

Sunny

104°
78°

0%

104°F

Sun
Jun 27

32.gif

Sunny

104°
77°

0%

104°F

Mon
Jun 28

32.gif

Sunny

105°
78°

0%

105°F

Tue
Jun 29

32.gif

Sunny

102°
78°

0%

102°F

Wed
Jun 30

34.gif

Mostly Sunny

104°
79°

0%

104°F

Thu
Jul 1

34.gif

Mostly Sunny

103°
79°

0%

103°F

Fri
Jul 2

34.gif

Mostly Sunny

103°
79°

0%

103°F

this crap heat is torturing me.
today its humid and around 90 so far.
I was thrilled when the lumber yard called and asked if tomorrow will be ok cause I cant function today. My arms are too weak to lift a drill, and my hands are almost useless today.
Heat is a killer for so many crapola neuro diseases.
Retiring to Florida is out of the question now for me unless Im in remission for years first.
I gotta go out there and set up party lights for Friday, and make some room for the cherry coming in tomorrow.
(I thought Id be planing and jointing away today for the buffet unit)

I'm sure you're getting the heat over your way too Dave.

Honestly, I don't mind the heat. It's when the humidity gets jacked up that I hate. When your outside working and your soaking wet with sweat and it feels like a sauna, that stinks. It's 91 with a feels like of 99.

Mid to high 90s here in northern Arkansas also. It's hot but bearable if one drinks plenty of water and uses common sense.
We were in central Arkansas last week, temps were about the same but the humidity about 1000% higher. Come out of air conditioning and it would about knock me off my feet.
But, it's summer and I remember last winter, ain't griping.
But, I know I will gripe mightly Friday evening when I am in my full Rev. Rifleman outfit for the Red, White and Blue Festival.

The humidity is higher then the heat index. This is DC's finest, darn place was built over swamp land.
I had to drive to get a new gal of Lacquer retarder. Finishes are dring so fast in this heat I need to slow them down.
Work tomorrow will be starting at 5 AM till 10 and head home till 4 and come back and work till 10PM till this heat lets up.

Rennie it would not be so bad if we only had 25% humidity. Times like this I think about moving north but then I think about the Black Flies, Na I'll take the heat for a little while.

I much prefer cold. Hot I don't like. Humid I don't like. Hot and humid I hate. If it's cold I can always put more clothing on; if it's hot and humid there are limits to what I can take off.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I much prefer cold. Hot I don't like. Humid I don't like. Hot and humid I hate. If it's cold I can always put more clothing on; if it's hot and humid there are limits to what I can take off.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I second this comment. I can take cold much better than heat.

So far we've had it pretty easy this season. Right now it's 80º and 34% humidity at our place.

We are working on around our 15th day of 90 or above temps. Many have been over 95. Today it's supposed to be around 98. The humidity is up so the feels like is over 100. For comparison average temps this time of year are around 84. This is late July weather for us. It's hot and I'm over it!!!

Aww, it wasn't so bad in my neighborhood today.... I spent the day under the house trying fix a plumbing problem... it's about 65 or 70 laying on your back under the house... the wife thought I was working hard all day, I was just enjoying the cool.... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Guess tomorrow I'll have to actually finish the job and get on to other things. :rofl::rofl:

Brent is in the bay area today and says it isn't too bad. We finally hit 90 today in Reno (but it's a dry heat, you know). Actually no swamp cooler needed...just open the windows and let the breeze flow through. This weekend is supposed to be a bit of a scorcher...better start reversing the solar heat on the pool so we can cool it down before taking a dip :cool::cool::cool:

After the freezing cold spring...I'm going to take every hot day I can. Only took the storm windows off yesterday :)

Ron i could not agree with you more. People ask me why i came to Canada I tell them winter they say whaaat.

I dont mind the dry heat but the humid heat argh. But then again we always complain about the weather.:rofl: