Don Baer

Staff member
Here ya go Dave...
attachment.php

Attachments

• ATT00181.jpg
    ATT00181.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 85
It is a reality that phones today are becoming very complex, lots of people want a phone that is just a phone, I understand that.

Here in Japan, we have a "kids phone" that is very cool.....

kids_phone.jpg
It has only three preset numbers, and it has GPS monitoring, also if the kid is bothered by anyone the kid can hit a "Panic" button and three things happen, one is a 100db alarm goes off, two is an emergency text message gets sent to the parents and the kids school, and three is a "Secom" (a private security company) staff member is dispatched to find the kid. To be signed up for the Secom thing is free, but if the kid hits the panic button and the Secom guy comes, you get charged about $100. Not cheap, but if you kid is lost or scared and both parents are at work, could be a big time life saver.

Talk about peace of mind for the parents, I think this is a good use of technology. The phone also locks to the kids backpack (more on that in a second) and is waterproof.

Kids here from grade 1 - 6 use a backpack called a "Randoseru"
rd4500l_red.jpg
which all the kids use and they are very durable, they honestly last all of elementary school.

We also do have phones for the elderly

Here is one that NTT sells...

easy_cell_1.jpg easy_cell_2.jpg
You can pre-program 10 numbers into the phone and there is a little slide down memo that you can write on with a pen the name for each pre-programed number. Also, when the phone is put on the charger, a text message is sent to someone in your family, for example, if you elderly parent has this phone, a text message will be sent to you (you have to set this up) each time the phone is placed on the charging stand, or removed. Sounds a bit odd, but if you live quite far from your parents, and you worry about them, you would at least know they are moving around and such, saves on the phone bill :dunno:

FYI :wave:

Now that's something I'd expect from Vaughn.... :rofl:

While Don's pic is obviously a Photoshop job (and a quick and dirty one at that), these are actual photos of my iPhone:

Bakelite rotary iPhone:

Rotary iPhone 2 800.jpg

Steampunk iPhone:

Steampunk iPhone 800.jpg

Both versions have the authentic 'clackity clack' sound when you move the dial. :D I have a few others, but these two are the best.

Thanks Don :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wish I seen this before I bought my phone. In 3 days I've learned to turn the phone on and off, answer a call. Still can't find the message button :rofl:
And I figured out how to navigate the internet.
Now that's about 5% of what this thing can do. I might learn it before the end of the year. :huh:

The hardest thing to do in a cell phone store is to buy a phone. I liked to never talked the salesman into letting me have the one I have now, Samsung Rugby. Good, tough and big buttons.

That is funny.
Actually, the Jitterbug or Cricket phones are very basic.
Otherwise, you are at the mercy of the salesmen and contract requirements. Mine will do everything but whistle Dixie and dance a jig.
......Oh, nebber mind.....it WILL whistle Dixie and dance a jig. ;)

Frank I am lucky to have a son working in the shop who is helping when ever I get in trouble. It only takes him explaining one step 3 or 4 times. Know he knows how I felt raising him LOL

Kids here from grade 1 - 6 use a backpack called a "Randoseru"
View attachment 46572
which all the kids use and they are very durable,

"...very durable..."

So how come around here most all the backpacks that you get around here are NOT "very durable" ?!?!

Oh sure, if i really work at it, I can go out and find some rugged stuff at specialty stores. But that doesn't really match the "all the kids use" comment.