Fat Woodworkers

(resurrecting an old thread)

Congratulations, Stu!!!! I see that you hit the big "Four-Oh" and I thought that deserved recognition. :congrats:

I am continually impressed by the hard work all you folks are putting in, and the shear guts to just let it all hang out in public and show your progress. It's inspiring.
:bow:

Thanks Art!

I just got back from the 40km/25 mile Tokyo City Cycling Fun Ride, it was OK but everyone was too freaking slow :D I'll post some pics later. After my 64km/40 mile ride last week, this was a day at the beach :rolleyes: :rofl::rofl:

I have another 85 pounds to get down to 175lbs, but that might take another year in total.

I'm loving feeling great every day :thumb:

Like Vaughn, I was determined to move my extra gut back up to my chest where it belongs. :rolleyes:
I went to the fitness center every day for two years. After all that exercise my soft gut was still there but it was very muscular. :eek: And my weight hadn't changed.
Then I started on a 'no diet' diet cut back of food. No breakfast except coffee and an English muffin, cup of soup for lunch and very small portions for supper. No snacks or anything else except some fruit after supper.
No weight loss after about six months.
Got angry and gorged for six months. Lost 20 pounds. :huh:
Weight has settled at 165. I am eating less than a couple years ago and believe it is due to natural metabolism changes that come with age. Dunno of that is right :dunno: it's just what I believe is happening.
Gut is still there and I don't like it one bit.
BTW, I'm almost 72 years old, 5'7" tall. My general health is very good, I stay active. Drink very moderately, don't smoke, I do drink a lot of water.

Over the past few weeks I hadn't weighed in, but my size 38 shorts were literally falling off of me after working around the house the past couple of weeks. Lost about 5 lb's, but also been working my butt off, so I know I lost more fat than that, just built some muscle up during that time as well.

Anyway my boss brought in Dunkin donuts for everyone today. I had to thank her as she kept me from having to go buy a new belt. :D