4H fair report

Well the heat and the fair are all but over. Had a good time. The bird feeder by Gator got a blue ribbon. Comets recycling project received grand champ and will be going to state. Looks like a trip to Indy for me. Here are a few pictures of the woodworking and other stuff.

IMG_0886.jpg

Grand Champ Wood

IMG_0887.jpg

Vegetables for Rob

IMG_0889.jpg

My favorite, farm scenes

IMG_0888.jpg

Thanks for the veg Steve.;):thumb: You country boys have way too much fun. Man i gotta move to the country. This is my kinda living. Seeing the woodworking turnout warms my heart to know theres another generation coming along with the same interest. All i see lately is the Xbox nuts.

Congrats to your boys on the awards. This is a great program now i get an idea of the 4H and what its about.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.:thumb::wave:

Well I was going to post the ribbons, but I couldn't get back on the board. Not sure what happened.

Rob, 2 girls. Comet= Hayleigh Gator= Allyson (Haley's Comet & Ally Gator)

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

Last edited:
Steve, two girls?!! :eek::eek::eek: Same here. Now got two great guys, one a legal son in law the other will be legal after Sept. 5th!! Enjoy these times, they go by so fast. Ten years of 4H sounds so long, in reality it is so short! Girls take any livestock? Oh, send my congratulations to your girls and wife also, know it takes a whole family to complete and participate in 4H.

Jonathan, no on the livestock. Our local little club is just projects. Some of teh other bigger clubs do it all, livestock, archery, clogging.

Thanks everybody and I will pass along the congrats.