Great stuff

Tom Niemi

Staff member
Reading Robs post of his gift to Toni, and knowing what Toni gave to Rob and Larry passing a plane on to Jim, so many great things happen here, such great generosity. Some one hears and listens to others and react, That totally impresses me:) One member makes something or finds something that is of interest of another and forwards something on to them. Yep these are the things I really love about our forum:thumb: Just when you least expect it, SURPRISE:D Some one thoughtful takes care of someone else:thumb: Think about it, do you have anything that some one can use??? Do you have some ones address??? I do:D Some one in a month or so is going to receive something, who or what is yet to be seen:thumb: It follows a movie from some years past called "PAY IT FORWARD":) I have been involved in a box swap before and that was AWESOME and I may start one in the near future if anyone is interested but before that, for me, it is surprise time for some one, time to pay it forward:D

Way to go Tom. As the recipient of Toms box, I can say that was a fun experiment and I definetly traded up. Looking forward to the next one he sets up!

And my good fortune hasn't ended yet. Nor has Rob's generosity. Rob offered a Lee Valley grinding wheel to me. Seems he bought the wrong size some time ago, and thought I could use it.
This is a great place. Now I need to find a way to forward the good will to someone else! Jim.

Tom I fully agree with you. I aint seen the movie you refer to but the Ambassador and i were pming the other day and we came to the conclusion it has something to do with ones past and how you were brought up. :D

However I think when we remove from the landscape all the things that cause division amongst us(and the pesky modern media that spends it time manipulating us) then the humanity in us is allowed to shine through. :thumb::)

I will never forget a chat i had with a very dear friend of mines Dad when my friend and I were 17 going on 18 and about to go do our bit in a conscripted army. The cold war was in full swing, we in SA were getting the propaganda spiel every day and night. Now Pauls (my friend) Dad ..Alf (he has passed already) was a Glider pilot in WW2. He was captured by the Germans and when the allies were moving in on both sides he was on the death marchs the Germ,ans had when they tried to prevent prisoners from being liberated.

Ok so he gets liberated by the Russians. Stalins boys. Repatriating soldiers at the time was not on the highest priority of items to be dealt with especially when its a bunch of prinsoners and not just one.

So he gets to spend a bunch of time with the Russians and eventually with Russian families in the rear of the battle.

He points out to us young uns that this "Enemy" we are being brainwashed about is nothing more or less than the people we know around home. They get up in the morning they go to work they have kids and a family to take care of and they just want to do whats best for their kids and family to get on in life. Same as us.

We were lucky to have Alf in our life putting in the counter balance to all the nonsense we were getting fed. He helped us to think things through
independently.

Years later I was fortunate enough to meet this so called "Enemy" and chew the fat with many of them all across the "Soviet Union" and sure enough they were just that human(consider Joszeph of HUnagary not long ago would have been classified in SA as "Enemy").

Same aspirations and likes and dislikes. BTW when i sat down with an ex Naval officer from the black sea fleet we laughed like heck over the propaganda they were fed about us too.

For me the absolute marvel of the interenet is that it has brought us all together from all over the world through a common interest that unites us.

The gifts we recieve and give are a small part of that spirit of friendship we see here every day.:thumb: They just symbols of it in a physical form.

Thats my opinion and i am sticking to it.:rofl:

The best thing we have and get here are not those tokens but the friendship and care we have for each other. I've been experiencing it since I joined in many ways ( not to mention the great Tour).

I've said it several times, but once more it won't hurt. I feel privileged of being member of this family.:thumb::)