quick fun game

They missed another one.

It doesn't look like he's using one of the soon to be federally mandated electronically protected saws.... :eek: :eek: :rofl: :doh:

But seriously, for a cut like that I'd probably use my cross cut sled, or better yet, the miter saw...

Blade guard?

Yeah, I saw someone had mentioned that in the comments. I've never had a saw with a workable blade guard (the one that came with my Ridgid is more of a hazard than a help, IMHO), so I run without one, but I'd think for a safety quiz it probably should have been included.

did anyone noticed the pieces of lumber between the blade guard
and the fence ?

is the part between the blade and cut lumber a blade guard or a anti-kickback guard

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they forgot to include "Blade guard removed for illustrative purposes". :p

That's what Norm always did!

I've used my blade guard so few times its not even funny.

But, to be fair, all rip cuts use dual board buddies and a feather board on the other side. Most cross cuts use a sled, or a very nice incra miter fence.

I never use one of those pathetic little miter gauges to cut wood on the table saw.

I wouldn't mind having some kind of a guard on the top that incorporates dust collection, but I try to always keep any part of me away from the thing that spins really fast...