just added skype to the ol pc....

Okay, Dan, I tried calling you but you were off line. If you want to call me on Skype it is Charles.Plesums

The quality of audio-only calls through the computer is better than any of our speaker phones, so we use it for calls to land lines at less than 2 cents per minute to anywhere in the world.

One of my cousins reads bedtime stories to his grandkids by video across the country.

When we travel (even internationally) we call home for free or almost free, using the hotel internet connection.

Did I say I like Skype?

how much do the test victim get pay

what equipment do you need for SKYPE ?

A microphone and speaker, as usually built into a laptop computer. If you want the free video calls, you may have to buy a separate camera/mic - good ones are less than $50, Cheap ones a low as $25. The Skype software is free, calls are free to other skype users. If you want to call a landline, put $10 on deposit, and use it at less than 2 cents per minute

I need to buy a good Mic & camera---is BEST BUY still in business

I got one of these Skype Phones by linksys years ago and like Charlie i use it all the time to call internationally at very low rates. Its cordless and ends working just like an ordinary cordless phone when connected to the computer. All your contacts are automatically available in the phone. Not sure if its still available or if the model has changed. The service has gotten better over time. :thumb: