Brothers vase

Jeffs post got me to thinking(that could be dangerous)That i never showed the maple vase i did for my brother.:doh:It didn't turn out like i wanted,but it is what it is.;)If you remember i couldn't get to the bottom like i wanted.Well it was to thick at the bottom and got a couple small cracks, also the top warped a little. so i just reworked it.It ended up being 10x 3 1/4. thanks
Steve

Attachments

• 008 [800x600].JPG
    008 [800x600].JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 001 [800x600].JPG
    001 [800x600].JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 32
I like it, Steve. :thumb: It's a shame the original shape didn't survive the drying, but you did a good job of salvaging it.

I too like the "I Dream of Gennie" style vase but the final turning is just as good. How did you dry it? I have used Alcohol to dry my wet turnings with great success and little or no cracks or warps.

I know there are some nay sayers here but It Do work for me. :thumb:

another vote for the first one but a good save is better than kindling.. perhaps you are missung a simple part of the puzzel on the alchol dryun steve.. vaughn has a great set up, i seen it and its not to hard to make.

Nice save. I like the vase.
thanks Wayne.

another vote for the first one but a good save is better than kindling.. perhaps you are missung a simple part of the puzzel on the alchol dryun steve.. vaughn has a great set up, i seen it and its not to hard to make.
Larry i have a 5 gal bucket with lid, that has 3 gals of dna. i let them sit in it for at least 24 to 48 hrs. Then i'll put them in a paper bag for a couple weeks before turning. that's what i've told to do so if i'm doing something wrong please let me no.:thumb:

I like it, Steve. :thumb: It's a shame the original shape didn't survive the drying, but you did a good job of salvaging it.
Thanks i'll be trying the carving again, maybe it'll do right next time:dunno:

Looks great to me. I like it :thumb::thumb:
Thanks Bob

I too like the "I Dream of Gennie" style vase but the final turning is just as good. How did you dry it? I have used Alcohol to dry my wet turnings with great success and little or no cracks or warps.

I know there are some nay sayers here but It Do work for me. :thumb:
I really wanted the gennie also but you don't always get what ya want.:rofl:

good job saving it ........
thanks Dan

How did you do the original dream of genie top? Carving? Too bad that didn't survive but like said you did a great save.
Thanks paul. Yes i did carve it and i will be trying the carving on some other stuff.