Anything Valuable in your Garage?

I am glad my garage door faces 90° to the street and I have a large juniper tree that blocks a direct view into it. Unless you walk up straight to it you can't identify what's inside. In the summer I have to open up the garage door because it's just too hot. Then I have to fight the june bugs at night, oh well.

Three years ago there were multiple construction crews working on my street at different homes. Someone figured out our schedules, saw our nanny take the kids to the park and tried to get in through the side yards. We live in a good neighborhood and my wife thought I was paranoid because I had built the gates triple layers thick and installed top and bottom latches on them. After I showed her how they tried to kick in both gates she was happy about my heightened spidey sense. It took a couple of hours to get the gates and latches working smoothly again, but I didn't mind.

In reality if someone wants to get into a normal home they can. You just have to make sure your house looks harder to get into than your neighbors.

Last edited: