Retired One Year

Wayne Bower

Well, I have been offically retired for a year now (July 1). I have got to say I am enjoying it. The wife and I just did a 2 week trip which included the Blue Ridge Parkway. Met a turner at one of the craft and art stores that are along the way. We had a great time traveling.

I don't understand those that are retired and say they are bored and thinking about going back to work! I do not have time to do what I want and need to do.:wave:

I am glad that you enjoyed your travels... the BlueRidge Parkway is a beautiful place to drive...:thumb:
paul

I aspire to say that Wayne, some year maybe:p Congrats and ENJOY for many, many years to come:thumb::thumb::thumb: that blue ridge parkway is awesome:) July 1 is my 36th anniversary at my job (yep same place) with only 11 more to go:eek:

I'm just 33 days into my retirement:thumb: and haven't traveled yet:(. It seems that I really don't have time for that. Just keeping up with things around home and finishing a few obligations at school (not required, but things I feel I should do) are keeping me busy. I'm really looking forward to late Sept and Oct to do things we have always wanted to do in cooler weather:thumb:. I'm glad you gents are enjoying your retirement. You are right, I can't imagine being bored.:eek:

I'm just 33 days into my retirement:thumb: and haven't traveled yet:(. It seems that I really don't have time for that. Just keeping up with things around home and finishing a few obligations at school (not required, but things I feel I should do) are keeping me busy. I'm really looking forward to late Sept and Oct to do things we have always wanted to do in cooler weather:thumb:. I'm glad you gents are enjoying your retirement. You are right, I can't imagine being bored.:eek:

Congrats, I got my first SS check 2 weeks ago..;)

Wayne,
Great to hear you're enjoying retirement.... Come September, I'll be into year 5... I don't have time to work... love every minute of my retirement. Haven't done much travel yet, not a lot of funds for that, but we do get out on short trips... we haven't been over on the BRP yet, but we were over in Blue Ridge a couple of weeks back at one of their craft shows... checking it out for future... nice show, except for the on and off rain showers...

year six for me, and loving it! We take a couple trips a year, and spend the rest of our time just kicking back, working on hobbies, enjoying friends, taking day trips, etc. Never bored, though, and most always happy.

I highly recommend this thing they call retirement.