Couple of projects done.

I had to build the LOML another cabinet for the laundry room in trade for getting the drum sander. Everything seems to take me awhile to get done, but now it is complete and I also made a flag and certificate case for a friend of ours. The cabinet is oak ply with solid face. The flag case is walnut with maple inlay that pertudes about 1/4". It seemed to me that the 3/4" walnut was too heavy and needed to be broken up. I came up with this, but if I were to build another one I would make it from 1/2" material. Now I need a good bandsaw, jointer, and lathe. Also a stationary dust collector later. I wonder what that is going to cost me in trade.

Last edited:
next project

hey rex looks like to me the next project needs to be a shoe storage area:) got lots of them inthe laundry area there.. very nice flag case and the closet will come in very handy i am sure..

I had to build the LOML another cabinet for the laundry room in trade for getting the drum sander. Everything seems to take me awhile to get done, but now it is complete and I also made a flag and certificate case for a friend of ours. The cabinet is oak ply with solid face. The flag case is walnut with maple inlay that pertudes about 1/4". It seemed to me that the 3/4" walnut was too heavy and needed to be broken up. I came up with this, but if I were to build another one I would make it from 1/2" material. Now I need a good bandsaw, jointer, and lathe. Also a stationary dust collector later. I wonder what that is going to cost me in trade.

Great work and idea on the flag case. Half inch material would look nice as is (I guess that takes care of the need for the bandsaw). Oh, once you resaw the walnut (saving valuable wood-dollars) you will need to joint and plane the material to ready it for work (that takes care of the jointer and planer).

Some turned finals to top things off sound like a good idea (need a lathe for that). All those new tools will make quite a bit of dust that you don't want to track into the laundry room (better get a dust collector right away). . . . am I helping? In trade; bedroom sets or remodels of bathrooms always seem to forgive a multitude of tool purchasing sins :D