monster deluxe

Steve, I haven't used any of the Monster handheld hollowing tools (unless you count the Indexer), but based on the other Monster tools I have, I wouldn't have any worries about quality or strength of the Deluxe set. There is likely some learning curve involved in using it, but I don't think it'd be any different with any other handheld hollowing tools. :thumb:

Frank, what link are you clicking? There isn't a link in Steve's post, and I can see it's not been edited since he posted it. :huh: Is there a chance you've got gremlins on the wife's computer? Sounds like you might have some adware that got into your browser.

Stephan I don't have his hand held unit but do have both the captured hollowing system and the articulating arm system. I can tell you they are second to none. Extremely well built and tough. I do have one of his handles so I can use it has a hand held and it is a great handle. Well built and well designed. No affiliation just one extremely satisfied customer.

Stephen, I love the Hunter swan, as well as its straight necked mate. They took a bit of a learning curve, but Mike Hunter was at the box turning class for a couple of days so I got some hands on instruction from the inventor. Holler if you want some insight.

Stephen, I love the Hunter swan, as well as its straight necked mate. They took a bit of a learning curve, but Mike Hunter was at the box turning class for a couple of days so I got some hands on instruction from the inventor. Holler if you want some insight.
Thanks carol if i have any issues i'll do that. I've had the #4 hunter for about 1 1/2 years and i really like that. That's one reason i went and ordered the swan neck.
Vaughn i seem to recall that you have the easy rougher. if i remember right And i could be wrong. that Stu sent ya the mini? That's one reason i went with that.:thumb:

...Vaughn i seem to recall that you have the easy rougher. if i remember right And i could be wrong. that Stu sent ya the mini? That's one reason i went with that.:thumb:

You have a good memory for someone our age. :p I've got the Ci1 and Ci0, both unhandled, that I use in Monster handles. I've also used the Ci0 in the Monster Articulating Arm rig. (I use a couple of Monster carbide cutters that I have for the hollowing rig, too.) Then I have the Ci1 and Ci0 Minis, with handles, courtesy of Stu. (Thanks again, Stu.) All four have been great tools to own and use. :thumb:

The Ci1 is great for roughing, but it also makes nice intermediate and finishing cuts. Lately, I've been doing most of my roughing with a 3/4" bowl gouge and saving the carbide cutter for bulk waste removal after the blank's been cleaned up and rounded. Then I go back to the bowl gouges (and scrapers) for the finishing cuts. The Ci0 gets most of its use doing cleanup work in places where a scraper isn't getting good results, but it also makes quick work of little pieces like paperclip and potpourri bowls. I can go from drilled hole to finish cuts ready for 120 or 220 grit on the inside in about 5 minutes. The minis get used for details on larger pieces. I've not done any small pieces yet where I used the minis exclusively, but I know I could. (Keep in mind, I like to use a 3/4" or 5/8" bowl gouge to make bottle stoppers, so I'm kinda strange that way.) :D

I use his handles and can't wait to get more:thumb: If all gos as planned, there will be a DVR in the shop in September and then I'll be getting the captured hollowing system, and more handles! They are the best:bow::bow:

I have the Monster articulating rig, Indexing tool, Ci1 and each tool works very well for me. I am not much into the side handle cutters because I have gotten pretty used to using my indexing tool to do most of the hogging out on vessels before switching over to the hollowing rig. The support has been a great thing and calling to ask questions is very easy to do......the support sells me on buying more tools from Monster...........

I use my hunter type cutting tip, 5/8", Colbalt tip, Monster handle - to rough down the bark etc to start with and then use my Ci1 for quick shaping.

There are times I have not even used a gouge but I do have a 1/2" roughing, and detail gouge from Thompson Tools and they are great gouges - bought them unhandled.
I dont want to take anything away from the Ci1 and really enjoy using the tool but I do not buy my replacment cutters from Craig because I am able to get them cheaper elsewhere - but you will not go wrong having this tool and it is much safer than alot of turning tools.

Well i just got home a bit ago, and what's sitting on my front porch? These :D. Can't what to get out in the shop and try them out.i guess i'll have to what though as the rule around here is, who ever gets home first from work has to cook.:(:rofl: i guess it's fair but not tonight.:p. Now that i have these i'm gonna give one of them pieces of chocolote from MI a go at. Ofcorse it'll have to what till sunday as we are headed up to the mts fri and sat an woun't be home till sun. Well heres the proof i got what i said i was gonna.:p:rofl:
Steve

Attachments

• 001 [800x600].JPG
    001 [800x600].JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 002 [800x600].JPG
    002 [800x600].JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 17