One of my hot spots

If you ever get to DC/Md area just about 1/4 mile north of the DC lince along the river is the Little Falls pumping station. You can fish the Md side with little trouble but fishing the Va side is practically imposable to reach unless you have access. One of my old customers has given me permission to fish. I just have to climb down hundred feet and then back up. Big Bass and Walleye and Strip Bass hang in the area. My grandfather use to tell me about how Sturgeon every so often would be cough years ago in the deeper water about 1/2 mile down where the river narrows and deeps reach 150 feet. That area is to the right of the last pic. Another slight problem is the islands are crawling with snakes, Water snakes mainly , nothing that will kill ya. Pic's were taken from the kitchen window.

CIMG0097.jpg

CIMG0100.jpg

CIMG0098.jpg

CIMG0099.jpg

Last edited:
I do not like snakes, I carry at big stick LOL once in the water everything is ok. Now stepping onto an island with grass you need to watch your step. As I said nothing is poisonous, just mean water snakes when their big little ones disappear fast.

I used to travel to MD/DC quite a bit on business. Once when I was on my way to the crab cake place in linthicum Maryland, as I was coming down a side street into a marshy area, a black snake was crossing the street. It's head was on one side of the road and the tip of its tail was on the other:eek::eek: It sure got my attention.

Hey Ray here ya go ! The geese like the Great Falls area where the water is wider and larger section of flat water. Or the golf courses this time of year. O There were 6 of us hunting that day. LOL

Attachments

• IMG_1833.JPG
    IMG_1833.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 12