Update on my son Chris's health Issues

Don Baer

Staff member
As some of you may recall he was in the hospital for 2 weeks, well he ended up back in the Hospital for another two weeks but is out again. They finally have determined that his problem is his Gull Bladder so next week they're gonna remove it. They finally have a solution.

Good to hear they have found something Don. I've known several friends that went through those same issues. Each say it's a world of difference after the surgery...in a good way.

A goofed up gall bladder can make you feel absolutely miserable and really screw up your system. Since I had mine out last year I feel 100% better. I hope they can do his arthroscopicly, the recovery is much faster.
Out thoughts are with him.

Been there, done that. Not too bad a thing. A lot better than some of the things that could have been wrong.

The arthoscopic surgery is as close to painless as possible. Thanks to BOB Gibson, I spelled it right

Our thoughts are with him.

Bruce

I'm glad they figured it out Don.

My wife and best friend both had theirs out a couple three years ago. It made a huge difference in how they feel. Only thing is they have to watch out for high fat foods which I guess is a good thing.

The LOML has had minor problems with her gallbladder from time to time & uses apple juice to help flush it out it seem to help her take care of the problem, that & realizing what she has been eating that was a fatty food. Hers may not be a bad as your son. I mention this because it may help someone not go under the knife.

My younger sister was in and out of the hospital sick as can be then fine and such for over four years, they ran every test you can imagine, one of the bone head doctors early on decided that it was NOT her gallbladder, but he was wrong and it took 3 1/2 years of her being sick, missing work and time spent in the hospital before someone finally went back to the beginning and questioned why the first doctor had ruled it out. They took out her gallbladder and she has been very VERY fine for 3 or four years now, she has felt so much better that she joined a gym and lost a bunch of weight too.

Thoughts and prayers headed your son's way Don! :wave:

Glad they found the problem.
The operation is simple for the patient and recovery is fast.
I am surprised diagnosis took so long.
I had mine out about ten years ago. They diagnosed very quickly using ultrasound.
Good luck to the boy on his surgery and recovery.

Glad to hear they finally figured it out. Here's hoping this fixes him up nicely.

And I'm not being uppity but the correct term for an endoscopic procedure of this nature would be laparoscopic surgery. Arthroscopic surgery is an endoscopic procedure done on a joint like a knee or shoulder. HTH:thumb: