Ham hocks, Beans and Corn bread.

Add some fried potatoes, fresh from the garden sliced tomatoes, and fresh green onions and you'd be in heaven Don.

And for the finale, a big bowl of nana puddin'

Now that's eatin'

Heh, When Sharon goes out of town I break out the DFF (Deep Fat Fryer) and start and FOFF (Festival of Fried Foods). Anything that can be fried will be fried!!!! :thumb::thumb:

But if something as healthy as Beans and Ham hocks work for you, well, go for it :rolleyes:

OK, heres the dumb Yankee again. along with a corn dog, I have never had a ham hock.:( ( nor grits, red velvet cake, crayfish, fried okra, or possum ):rofl:

But then again I bet you've never had a stuffed Quahog :D:D

OK, heres the dumb Yankee again. along with a corn dog, I have never had a ham hock.:( ( nor grits, red velvet cake, crayfish, fried okra, or possum ):rofl:

Heck, Bean Soup and Ham Hocks are healthy enough I can get Sharon to eat those! But that's usually a December, not July type of thing...

Ham hock is OK, red velvet cake is great. The grits, crayfish, okra and possum can stay home. (I know them'll be fightin' words for some of these guys.) :rofl: The quahog might be good, but I make it a rule to not eat or drink anything that begins with the letter "Q". Quarter Pounder, quinine water, quince jelly? All no-go. And now, quahogs, too. :p

Hey Don you got German ancesters? Thats mighty fine food for a bachelor.:thumb:

Bob you aint had grits???? How can you call yourself a Yankee.:rofl: As for the possum I think i will pass on that one but the crayfish :thumb::thumb::thumb: as long as they aint from the long drops on the Southern Coast of South Africa.:rofl: (There is a story behind that).

Okra is for vegans and i aint no browser or grazer so i will pass on the green veg.:D

As for Quahog i dont even know what it is but if its from the hog family its fine in my books as long as its cooked over an open fire.:thumb:

Corn :thumb::thumb: Staple food where i come from and in my house.

Hey Brent you ever had deep fried pumpkin or squash flowers??

Well then its fine on my table too.:rofl::rofl:

So whats the next course Don i am getting hungary and i just finished my steak dinner with chips and eggs and shrooms with a little fried onion.

Okra is for vegans and i aint no browser or grazer so i will pass on the green veg.:D

Rob,
Properly cut, breaded and deep fried--IMHO, good enough for anybody's table