I've waited to ask for prayers on this, but the time is now....

You guys are still there in my prayers, and Jim, make sure you take care of yourself, Glenna is going to need her strength to make her own recovery, you have to make sure you are in a position to help her. I speak from experience, as my wife Emiko went through this a couple of years back (thanks again to all here for the help and support, and Emiko is doing just fine!) and I ran myself a bit ragged, I was lucky to be kicked in the rear by a good friend who told me to stop it and take care of myself as well.

How is the food in the hospital, as bad as it is here (the patients here in Japan often order out for pizza or KFC, no kidding....)

:wave:

Thanks guys and gals! Yes, I'm trying to take care of myself, and the 2 dogs. I really wasn't at the hospital very much yesterday. Hard to say about the food so far. Glenna isn't impressed, but I haven't even seen a meal yet. They brought her breakfast yesterday...of course she was still loopy and queasy, but they brought her most foods she won't eat. She did eat a little of the yogurt. At lunch, the nurses had just gotten her up to go to the bathroom and sit in a chair for the first time. Stomach was churning and she threw up. 30 minutes later they bring her lunch...She just shoved it back at them. She got some soup for supper, but not what she circled on the menu. Ate some of that. I took her a strawberry real fruit slush from Sonic (Those things are really good!!) I'm thinking of taking some sliced deli ham for her. That and a biscuit or bread is what she usually eats for breakfast.
Stu, they also have a couple little bistros in the lobby, a Starbucks, and a convenience store. The hamburger at the one bistro was fair. Definitely edible. I may end up taking her some soup of her choice in a thermos if the appetite is still lacking today. Jim.

just keep babing her jim,, not right word but you know what i mean:) and be careful feeding her food they dont prescribe sometimes there is a reason because of bowl movement troubles possible.. soup wont hurt though:)

We're all pulling for you Jim. It is a helpless feeling when all I can do is keep you in my thoughts, but that I will do.

Best of luck to both of you. Keep a positive attitude. That along with your faith will go a long, long way!!

Today's Oncologist report:

Thanks again everyone! Lori, prayers work early or late...He doesn't care!!! :thumb::thumb:
Had the check up with the Oncologist today. As reported above, there were 2 lymph nodes that were checked during surgery that tested positive. They removed 17 more from the right side. Pathology shows all 17 are clear!!! WOO HOO!!!! No radiation, but will probably have to do some sort of Chemo. The breast Oncologist, that is all she does, will hand her over to another Oncologist that specializes in the further treatments and defer to her as to what course is best from here on out. The appt should be in the next 2 to 3 weeks, but treatment won't start, if needed, for another 5 or 6 weeks.
So a big load off our shoulders, but we understand that we aren't over the crest of the hill just yet.
Continued thanks for prayers and good thoughts. They really are appreciated! Jim.