OT - Vacation in Jim Thorpe PA

Jim Mattheiss

Just got back from a 6 day visit to Jim Thorpe PA. Since we stayed in a log cabin it's on topic.

Picture #1 is me on the porch of the cabin we rented. It's in Summit Hill PA which is uphill from downtown Jim Thorpe, on the gravity railway line that lead from the mine in Summit Hill down to the Lehigh river in Jim Thorpe.

Picture #2 is a water fall in the state park along the Lehigh river. My daughter the "billy goat" scampered up the mountain twice to get these and other pictures. I made it up the hill once early in the week and had no interest in doing it again.

Picture #3 is me in my favorite spot of the week - up to my neck floating in the Lehigh river. It was 95+ and high humidity so this was a popular spot.

This is our 2nd visit to the area and were planning on going back next summer for a 3rd visit.

Cheers

Jim

Attachments

• Jim Thorpe 005 (Medium).JPG
    Jim Thorpe 005 (Medium).JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Jim Thorpe 052 (Medium).JPG
    Jim Thorpe 052 (Medium).JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Jim Thorpe 003 (2) (Medium).JPG
    Jim Thorpe 003 (2) (Medium).JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 30
Just got back from a 6 day visit to Jim Thorpe PA. Since we stayed in a log cabin it's on topic.

Picture #1 is me on the porch of the cabin we rented. It's in Summit Hill PA which is uphill from downtown Jim Thorpe, on the gravity railway line that lead from the mine in Summit Hill down to the Lehigh river in Jim Thorpe.

Picture #2 is a water fall in the state park along the Lehigh river. My daughter the "billy goat" scampered up the mountain twice to get these and other pictures. I made it up the hill once early in the week and had no interest in doing it again.

Picture #3 is me in my favorite spot of the week - up to my neck floating in the Lehigh river. It was 95+ and high humidity so this was a popular spot.

This is our 2nd visit to the area and were planning on going back next summer for a 3rd visit.

Cheers

Jim
Now that looks like my kinda place

Looks like a great place to hang out. :thumb: I'd have a hard time leaving.

I've gotta ask...do you always wear your glasses swimming? :D

Vaughn:

Yes I alway swim with my glasses. I wear a strap around behind my head that keeps them in place - croakies is a brand name. Without the glasses I'm blind . . . Anything beyond the tip of my nose is distances so they are required . . .

Last summer I was swimming at the Jersey shore (actually body surfing) and a wave broke across the back of my head, pulling the strap up and over my head and the glasses were GONE - never found them. That was a nice revenue moment for my glasses guy - a $350 bonus for him from MY vacation.

The cabin was mostly done up on the inside in knotty pine tongue and groove paneling where it wasn't the raw logs. It was nicely appointed and quite comfortable. If the weather was a little cooler/less humid it would have been AWESOME.

Cheers

Jim

Ah, I understand about the glasses. I figured it was either a necessity, or that you'd just forgotten to take them off after being lured into the water. :thumb: