grizzly tools

Tracy Hammock

This is my first post but I have been a member for a while now. I have got a lot of info from yall. Just one question, Are grizzly tools any count? I know you pay for what you get, but their saws look like they are built pretty good. Just wondering

I've got a Grizzly G1023Z and I like it. It's got power and runs smooth and steady.

Only thing I might change would be to get a Biesmeyer style fence instead of the 'classic' fence on rollers that came with it. That being said, I've never been bothered enough by the fence to change it. It's a little fussy to setup, but it seems to work pretty well.

As Larry said, you can pay more and get more.
I have a number of Grizzly tools and am happy with all.
I do comparison shopping and have found Grizzly almost always gives more bang for the buck.

Tracy I would say if you are more specific on your needs and wants and list the machines you have in mind with specific model numbers you will get way better info and advice and opinions.

I have a Grizzly jointer and i love it and their service but i have seen junk there too. Just as there is junk inmho in every range.

The price is not neccessary the best indicator.

Add to your thread about your experience desires and tools you have your eyes on then the people here will shower you with their experiences. You will do yourself a diservice if you generalize way too much.

Also watch the marketing at Grizzly. They do it oh so well. You can start out at a perfectly good say bandsaw and soon find yourself say no i gotta have this one which is 3 or 4 models higher order of cost.

If you not sure what you gonna use it for then dont go getting in the water and buying a machine like i did before i came across the forum with the good old "in case" there are times when its worth the extra features but the guys and gals here will help you sift through it if you let them.:)

If you browse around here you will find many happy Grizzly owners, me included. There are certainly tools that they do better than others for the price; G0490X, G0513X2, G1023's, G0690's and more. I don't hear folks praise their lathes or DP much but you do hear it. I don't know if it is just our community, market penetration or what on those. It might even be the sub-forums I visit as opposed to ones I don't. What type of saw are you looking for? Table, band, scroll, chop, large, small???

glenn brings up a good point not alot of talk about the drill presses, unless there is a drill press forum but to be without one is not good:) and the lathes well we all know they brag about there lathes.. you do need to ask some more definitive questions:) then we can keep you away from the lathe departments better:)