Horses anyone

Rob Keeble

This post if for Jonathan. I know he is a horse lover and he knows how i yearn to be in the country.

Well got to get a little taste of it this weekend with a BBQ at lomls bosses hobby farm.

He loves his horses. They get better treatment than anyone or anything else.

I could see why when you get up close to a quality horse like this. I was just in awe i think if someone had taken a picture my mouth was probably just hanging open.

Sorry about the absolutely poor pics, forgot the camera and decided to use the cell phone and its not a great one for pics.

The boss has a wonderful peace of land. Pond stocked with trout and pesty blue gill and a hill overlooking a valley of trees.

Whats more no NN:D

Heres is the proof, you gotta see the barn he just built for them, but by the time i woke up to getting pictures with the cellphone it was way too dark had to doctor the horse pictures just to see them.

I know many of ya have a shop dog, but man a horse of this type close by the shop would be sweeeeeeeet.

I did go for a walk with his resident dog, quiet a character, old boxer. He loves the horses too. no pic of dog though.

Oh Jonathan the mare is hopefully pregnant and due next year. The guys are geldings so she had to be taken elsewhere for the deed.
Kens Horses1.jpg

Kens Horses2.jpg

Kens Horses3.jpg

Kens Horses4.jpg

Kens Horses5.jpg

Kens place1.jpg

He has promised to hook them up for a sleigh ride next winter. I cant wait. Will definitely take my camera next time.

You might be close Larry, Haflingers are sorrels (red) with light (flaxen) manes and tails much like the Belgians. Haflingers are pony size (less than 56" tall) Belgians are horse size (over 56" tall) weight is proportional to their bone and body structure. I guess Belgians since Rob is stating "horses".
He doesn't have a wagon to take a ride now with Rob?
Those are beautiful horses. Well trained and bred horses are joys to own and use. 11 month gestation, lot of time for a lot of things to go wrong. Have bred and foaled many horses and ponies over the years. Generally is a wonderful time as it should be. Thanks for the posts Rob. Tell him he has great tastes in horses and dogs as I have one horse that is half Belgian, two that are 1/4 Belgian as well as a good Boxer dog!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Guys they are either Belgians or Clysdales i cannot remember, been told a dozen times and it just dont sink in.:eek:

These are pure bread my pictures just dont do them justice at all.

Bob the owner used to do exactly that pull the beer cart with them. He used to have about 8 or 10 but it got a bit costly for food given his property is not able to feed that many.

Pity on the pics cause these are big boys and real fine looking animals.

Larry i was told the Blue gills are all bones. How do you deal with them. Grind em up for fishcakes?

Those aren't Clydes. They are Belgians then if you didn't hear the word Haflinger.
Gills aren't all bones. Got to catch the big fat ones. They don't have "slabs" of meat like a bass, but they are quite tasty as they don't have as much "fishy/gamey" taste to them, more pleasing to the palate!! We fillet our bluegills here at home. Cut the sides off of the bones/ribs, then flip it scale side down and run the knife between the slab of meat and skin. Flip skin in junk bucket for raccoon bait or throw in ditch for turtle food or some in pond for catfish food. Put slab of meat in pan of water to take in the house to fry at a desired time.

For bluegills, just need to learn how to fillet them properly. Not much meat, but if you are good at cleaning them, and catch a good mess, they are quite tasty.

They are also notoriously hard fighters. Get the bigger ones on a pole and you are in for a fight...

My dad can fillet a fish like nobody and taught me how when I was a young pup.

The key is a very sharp knife. Can do a blue gill, both sides, oh, lets get this going, I would guess 30 seconds? Certainly less than a minute and that means a piece of meat, no bones, no skin.

I've filleted fish so fast that that when you toss the carcass back int he water they try to swim away with the skin still attached....

For bluegills, just need to learn how to fillet them properly. Not much meat, but if you are good at cleaning them, and catch a good mess, they are quite tasty.

They are also notoriously hard fighters. Get the bigger ones on a pole and you are in for a fight...

My dad can fillet a fish like nobody and taught me how when I was a young pup.

The key is a very sharp knife. Can do a blue gill, both sides, oh, lets get this going, I would guess 30 seconds? Certainly less than a minute and that means a piece of meat, no bones, no skin.

I've filleted fish so fast that that when you toss the carcass back int he water they try to swim away with the skin still attached....

No pics...didn't happen...and certainly didn't happen in all the years I've known you :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good one, a ole boy once told me he could fillet a fish so well that you could hold up the carcass and read a newspaper through it.