Protip: Sealing Wood

I also noticed the other day that the bark on the wood I was sealing (a mystery log I got in the club raffle) is nice and tight...perfect for a bark-edged bowl, if it didn't have wax soaked into the bark.....

So when you're sealing these chunks for using later you *shouldn't* put any sealer on the bark but only on the exposed wood?

You're hilarious Vaughn. Sounds like something I would do. Yeah, how do you wash that stuff off?

...You're hilarious Vaughn. Sounds like something I would do. Yeah, how do you wash that stuff off?

Some day I need to tell some of my "Fun With Electricity" stories. :rofl:

On hard surfaces like concrete, the wax sealers wash off OK with hot or high pressure water and detergent. On fabrics like denim jeans, so far I've been unsuccessful at getting the stain out. The wax is gone, but the fabric is stained. My solution will be to hide the stains with bigger, brighter stains. ;)

Some day I need to tell some of my "Fun With Electricity" stories. :rofl:

On hard surfaces like concrete, the wax sealers wash off OK with hot or high pressure water and detergent. On fabrics like denim jeans, so far I've been unsuccessful at getting the stain out. The wax is gone, but the fabric is stained. My solution will be to hide the stains with bigger, brighter stains. ;)

Maybe you should be wearing a nice apron like it says in my 1969 Woodworking text book by Feirer? :D Let me know when you tell your Fun With Electricity story and I'll share my Grown Woman Accidentally Eating Dishwasher Detergent story. :D

Maybe you should be wearing a nice apron like it says in my 1969 Woodworking text book by Feirer? :D Let me know when you tell your Fun With Electricity story and I'll share my Grown Woman Accidentally Eating Dishwasher Detergent story. :D

I would have been wearing an apron, but I didn't have one that went well with my tie. :rofl:

After you tell the Dishwasher Detergent story, I can tell you about my dad accidentally brushing his teeth with Brylcreem. Oh wait. I just did. :p

:eek::eek: I sort of did the same thing. Only I tried to pick up a gallon of anchorseal with the hands kind of sloppy with the stuff. Man that stuff sure can splash a long way. If you wait long enough you can scrape the wax off the floor and boards and plate glass and...................