Earth Quake !!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had one this morning about 5:15AM I was wondering what woke me up so early. My son Jarrod said he was sitting have his morning coffee and he live close to RR tracks and thought a fright train was passing.

Yup sure did.

"Shortly after 5 AM local time (2 am PST), a 3.6 earthquake centered 10 miles from Rockville, Maryland struck the region. Unlike earthquakes of this magnitude in recent days across the U.S., centered normally in mountain ranges and coastal waters, this earthquake was located in a densely populated region."

According to USGS. when I lived in Cal. we never noticed a 3.6

actually i think iwas caused from toms announcement of the cabs being done and ready for install,, that would shake the world a fair amount but if jonatyhan had made that statement it would have registerda alot higher on the gettur done scale:rofl::rofl::thumb:

Although a 3.6 is pretty mild as earthquakes go, if you've never felt an earthquake before, it's definitely enough to get your attention...especially if you're close to the epicenter. I'm glad it was nothing more than a bit of shaking for you.

We had a 5.4 out here last week that made the local news, but I didn't see anything mentioned elsewhere.

I were stop at a red light when mine truck started shaking because of a fellow driver loud radio //how severe of a earthquake will it take to drown out a radio that are turn all of the way up ?