Lamp parts/hardware

To make a short story long.

I coached high school football for 17 years, so I know many of the local coaches. My nephew is starting high school this year and the school he will be attending has around 250 kids 9-12. It's small and rural. Two of the greatest characteristics for a school in my opinion.

Anyway to the point. I know the head coach well and he told me he has some helmets that can't be used anymore. He asked me if I could make them into lamps that he could sale for a fund raiser. He has around 15 helmets. I told him I didn't mind doing it and would look around for some lamp parts.

My question is for those of you that have made lamps in the past. Where's the most economical place to get the lamp parts?

There is a thread, about a year old, with the information you need. Other guys kept adding their knowledge and the prices kept going down and selections went up. If you can't find with searches, let us know, I'm sure I or others will be able to find it for you.

If there is a Lowe or home depot close to you //they stock DIY lamps parts when you need something yesterday

Sometimes I go to the thrift Store (St. Vincent DePaul) and pick up a cheap lamp, take it home and trash the original and reuse the componants. :thumb: (Recycle on the cheap.)