useless safety devices

Frank Fusco

Well....useless for me right now.
I had an unused gift card and decided to use it for some safety devices from Rockler.
Nothing wrong with the items except they won't work on my tools.
The tablesaw feather board won't fit the weirdo slot on my Delta table saw. None of the items will work on my shaper or bandsaw because the slots are too close to the blade and cutters.
Oh, well. I'm going to make new sliders for the table saw feather board from some ironwood scrap I have. The other two things will gather dust.
I ain't chopped off my fingers yet. :eek:

Attachments

• safety devices.jpg
    safety devices.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 40
Bummer about the fit, Frank. If the ironwood you have is like the desert ironwood I've played with, I'm not sure it'll have the flex necessary to expand into the table slot without breaking. I suspect the ironwood I have would crack the first time it got tightened up. I think ash or osage orange would be my first choices. Lemme know if you want a bit of ash to experiment with. ;)

Bummer about the fit, Frank. If the ironwood you have is like the desert ironwood I've played with, I'm not sure it'll have the flex necessary to expand into the table slot without breaking. I suspect the ironwood I have would crack the first time it got tightened up. I think ash or osage orange would be my first choices. Lemme know if you want a bit of ash to experiment with. ;)

Thanks, I have a supply of ash and LOTS of OO. Just got the Ironwood and thought I would use it. Sounds tough. :rolleyes:

Thats a pitty Frank. I have one set of those and I find they work well. Have to say though at the time i bought them i also did so on impulse not knowing if they would fit.

What about returning them?

Thats a pitty Frank. I have one set of those and I find they work well. Have to say though at the time i bought them i also did so on impulse not knowing if they would fit.

What about returning them?

I'll keep. I can modify the featherboard for the tablesaw to work. My shaper is a mini, you could carry in yer back pocket. One day I'll get sumptin' genuine. And, if I ever get a real tablesaw, I can use it all.