Coop de Ville, Mark 2

Dang Vaughn, I wanted a HATCH back.

Eggcellent idea, Ken. :thumb: Why didn't you build one? Are you chicken?
chicken.gif

WOW! My chicken never had it that good! I could just see those hens singing "Moving on up" while you were building it. You do need a cranky rooster though. I have had several over the years and they would keep the grandkids and visitors at bay. I was always having to go rescue the grandkids form the rooster chasing them. You must love chickens as I do. They are very relaxing to me and love to hear them talking to each other. I had one Bantan that loved to sit on my shoulder as I walked around the place. Wish I still had some.

today

so, some of you may have heard we have some snow up here. This is what the coop looks like today. I made some storm windows for the inside out of some old glass, and the ladies are snug inside.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 25
The coop isn't quite warm - the water freezes in it overnight, but it is way cozier than outside. This weather we keep them "cooped up." But otherwise we usually let them out.

ken they have heaters for the water buckets, and work pretty well, folks have them and for there chickens and the birds to have a puddle to play in during winter