Potpouri Pot

Here is a potpouri pot I turned that had a opportunity for design. I had it all turned outside and the inside hollowed and the wife thought the top lip should be taller. As we were discussing I said ok even though my gut said don't do it I went and cut a little deeper. Well you know the famous last cut. When I cut thru I looked up and the LOML had disappeared. I asked her what the problem was and she said she didn't want to hear the well you know bad words. She said she was sorry but I told her I had fixed it so it was ok. Put a collar of walnut on and it really didn't turn out to bad. We found these tops at a Hallmark in North Carolina. I went to our local one here and she showed me what she could get. Finished with several coats of wipe on poly. 4 3/4" across and 3 1/2" high. My sister from NC said she would take it. So guess since since we stayed with her and she is on her way here I will give it to her.

Attachments

• Potpouri Pot 1.jpg
    Potpouri Pot 1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Potpouri Pot 2.jpg
    Potpouri Pot 2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Potpouri Pot 3.jpg
    Potpouri Pot 3.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 23
  • Potpouri Pot 4.jpg
    Potpouri Pot 4.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 19
It wasn't a mistake...it was a new design opportunity. :thumb: Just don't tell your wife that, or she'll be wanting credit for the idea. :p

I like the lid. Where'd you find it?

Thanks Vaughn. I got the lids from Hallmark. I got these when in a Hallmark store with the wife in North Carolina. Checked with our local hallmark and she can get them. Actually they are used with candles but thought they would work great for pots.

That is a cute piece Bernie. With me It is usually the other way around. I tell my wife that I need to do a little more and she warns me but I do it anyway usually ending in disaster. Either way still a great save.

Alan