Popcorn Bowls

Gord Rock

Made a popcorn bowl for LOML and one for her friend. I use my router and some letter guides to put the letters in some 2" x 2" blocks and then cut those to the right angles for a segmented bowl. Filled the letters with some unpopped popcorn kernels and set them with CA glue. The ladies are happy with them so I guess I can't ask for more than that! :D

Gayle Popcorn Bowl 1 (small).jpg

Vera Popcorn Bowl 1 (small).jpg

Any comments, criticisms or suggestions are always welcome!!!
.....Gord

Gord you sure got that segment turning down pat. Eiether is optical photographic illusion or someone likes popcorn more than someone else:D:thumb: I was just reminded to have another look at your site and love your flatwork.

Wish you would do a few tutorial posts on that box with the x's splines on the corners. Really looks cool, but then i could probably make a list of things from that selection of pictures.

Have you got a shop tour post?

That's a really cool idea, Gord. I guess this is one case where you don't want to "pop" the grain in the wood, huh? :D

Very nice bowls! Can I ask a dumb question? How do you wash them? I wonder this whenever I see a wooden bowl or platter that's intended for use with food.