Looking at a compressor and air tools

Okay.....I bit the bullet and it will be delivered tomorrow...

You're gonna like it! The price makes it a pretty good deal, too.

As for catch-up - you won't notice it with the nailers. Once pumped up (only will take a minute or so) it'll likely shoot 40 or 50 18ga nails between cycles.

Even with a big framing nailer, it'd probably shoot a dozen or more before it cycles.

Now, spraying, or using an air ratchet, or a sander - No Way!

What you got will most likely keep you happy for a while, though...:D:D

You're gonna like it! The price makes it a pretty good deal, too.

As for catch-up - you won't notice it with the nailers. Once pumped up (only will take a minute or so) it'll likely shoot 40 or 50 18ga nails between cycles.

Even with a big framing nailer, it'd probably shoot a dozen or more before it cycles.

Now, spraying, or using an air ratchet, or a sander - No Way!

What you got will most likely keep you happy for a while, though...:D:D

Thanks Jim......I was told that I could hook up an auxiliary tank to the unit..(pretty cheap) and increase the amount of time I would have if I do want to use a sprayer. Thoughts?.....or should I cave up for a bigger unit

Thanks again Jim

Congrats, Dom. :thumb: You're gonna wonder how you've gotten by without one, and I've read good things about that particular set. The auxiliary tank will increase your time between pumping cycles, which should be a help with spraying as long as you're not trying to paint buses or airliners or other large items.

Congrats, Dom. :thumb: You're gonna wonder how you've gotten by without one, and I've read good things about that particular set. The auxiliary tank will increase your time between pumping cycles, which should be a help with spraying as long as you're not trying to paint buses or airliners or other large items.

Nothing really huge. The bookcase I have already cut the boards for. The largest item that I will be spraying is going to be a huge china closet that the Commander in Chief of the DiCara household found on the Google 3D warehouse. I think I will pick up the aux tank then. Depot has them pretty cheap

Nothing really huge. The bookcase I have already cut the boards for. The largest item that I will be spraying is going to be a huge china closet that the Commander in Chief of the DiCara household found on the Google 3D warehouse. I think I will pick up the aux tank then. Depot has them pretty cheap

Dom,
If you have a Harbor Freight near you, try them. They have auxiliary air tanks fairly cheap.

Also, for furniture work, I often spray shellac, and I've found the Harbor Freight HVLP touch-up gun (about $20.00 on sale) to do a very good job - better than my Earlex, anyway. It has a 5½ ounce gravity cup, and comes with its own regulator. I set that regulator to give me about 10~15 psi with the gun open. With 90~100 psi in your tank, it'll vastly decrease the compressor's cycling.

You can't spray any heavy fluids with this gun, but 2~3# shellac cuts, or thinned Arm-R-Seal goes thru it nicely. So does Crystalac.

Dom,
If you have a Harbor Freight near you, try them. They have auxiliary air tanks fairly cheap.

Also, for furniture work, I often spray shellac, and I've found the Harbor Freight HVLP touch-up gun (about $20.00 on sale) to do a very good job - better than my Earlex, anyway. It has a 5½ ounce gravity cup, and comes with its own regulator. I set that regulator to give me about 10~15 psi with the gun open. With 90~100 psi in your tank, it'll vastly decrease the compressor's cycling.

You can't spray any heavy fluids with this gun, but 2~3# shellac cuts, or thinned Arm-R-Seal goes thru it nicely. So does Crystalac.

Thanks Jim...they just opened one up in Daytona Beach...I will pay them a visit

12 USED HAMMERS FOR SALE!!!!

I received the unit today from CPO Bostich.....And let me tell you something.......WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I drove 50 2 1/2 " Finish nails through a couple of scrap pieces of Maple....got the countersink set just right, and there is no way I will ever use anything else again.

I went through 50 nails before the unit kicked back on again, and recharged. The stapler, Brad nailer, and Finish nailer, all worked perfectly. Reconditioned or not.

Just wanted to let everyone know, and thanks to ALL of you. You made this purchase painless.

The only problem is that the Commander in Chief of the DiCara household, my wife, saw how easy and accurate the units are, and now expects me to churn out 3 desks, china cabinet, 4 new beds...etc, etc, etc. UGH!

...The only problem is that the Commander in Chief of the DiCara household, my wife, saw how easy and accurate the units are, and now expects me to churn out 3 desks, china cabinet, 4 new beds...etc, etc, etc. UGH!

Ahh, the perfect excuse for buying more tools! :D :D :D :D

Just say something like: "Honey, I'd love to build that desk/armoire/end table, etc. for you, but I'll need a drill/scrollsaw/router/etc. in order to do the trim/dados/mortises/etc..."

Or better yet, just buy them, and say "But Honey, I needed it to make the ___ for you!" It's often easier to ask forgiveness then to get permission. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh yeah - and GOOD LUCK WITH THAT! :D:thumb:

Ahh, the perfect excuse for buying more tools! :D :D :D :D

Just say something like: "Honey, I'd love to build that desk/armoire/end table, etc. for you, but I'll need a drill/scrollsaw/router/etc. in order to do the trim/dados/mortises/etc..."

Or better yet, just buy them, and say "But Honey, I needed it to make the ___ for you!" It's often easier to ask forgiveness then to get permission. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh yeah - and GOOD LUCK WITH THAT! :D:thumb:

Good Luck with that is right!!!:rofl:

Funny, I am 6'2 inches tall and my wife is 5' exact.....and she still is the scariest person in the world to me! G-d forbid I ever get her mad!

Then again, we are both Sicilian.....so if I ever do get her angry, the last sound I would hear is the shotgun reloading!

Man, that was fast delivery. :thumb:

Like they say, once you go "ka-tak ka-tak", you'll never go back. :D And wait until you try a 23 gauge pin nailer. Almost invisible hole. You can literally nail a toothpick to a board with one. (I still haven't figured out why someone would want to nail down toothpicks, but if I ever have the need, I know I've got the tool for the job.)

Man, that was fast delivery. :thumb:

Like they say, once you go "ka-tak ka-tak", you'll never go back. :D And wait until you try a 23 gauge pin nailer. Almost invisible hole. You can literally nail a toothpick to a board with one. (I still haven't figured out why someone would want to nail down toothpicks, but if I ever have the need, I know I've got the tool for the job.)

Thanks Vaughn. And yeah...took them what, 3 days to get it to me through regular shipping. Came out of Athens Georgia, so it was not a long haul for UPS. So far so good....CPO reconditioned is aces in my book. As for the pin-hole nailer....I will keep an eye out for one. Thanks for the info!

Dom, since you're new to pneumatic nailers, I thought I'd offer another tip...

When you're holding a piece to be nailed, make sure your fingers are at last as far away from the business end of the gun as the nails are long. (For a 2" nail, have your fingers at least 2" away.) Every once in a while a nail will hit some hard grain or a foreign object, causing it to curve badly off-course. You don't want any flesh in the vicinity when that happens. ;)

Dom, since you're new to pneumatic nailers, I thought I'd offer another tip...

When you're holding a piece to be nailed, make sure your fingers are at last as far away from the business end of the gun as the nails are long. (For a 2" nail, have your fingers at least 2" away.) Every once in a while a nail will hit some hard grain or a foreign object, causing it to curve badly off-course. You don't want any flesh in the vicinity when that happens. ;)

Thanks Vaughn.....A very good piece of advice that will be heeded.

...Every once in a while a nail will hit some hard grain or a foreign object, causing it to curve badly off-course. You don't want any flesh in the vicinity when that happens. ;)

Yeah, I've had 18ga nails actually do a complete U-turn in maple.

BTW, Dom, if you're in the market for a 23ga pinner, Harbor Freight had them in the last sale flyer for something like $29.00. Several folks over on a different WW Board have spoken highly of it. Personally, I haven't used one. Both of mine are Senco.

Yeah, I've had 18ga nails actually do a complete U-turn in maple.

BTW, Dom, if you're in the market for a 23ga pinner, Harbor Freight had them in the last sale flyer for something like $29.00. Several folks over on a different WW Board have spoken highly of it. Personally, I haven't used one. Both of mine are Senco.

for that price, I may stop there in Daytona after my Doctor's visit tomorrow....Hot DAMN!!!....another toy!

Thanks guys