You have never lived until..........

you dropped the fuel tank from a Tahoe. Wow. Break line has a hole in it. Of course it is behind the fuel tank and by a bend in the frame. Hope to be done by sometime Wednesday.

Were you lucky enough to have the tank empty?

I had to drop the tank on my F350 once. The sending unit went out on it.

It was only 1/4 full, but it sure would have been easier if it had been emptier...

I'm the least mechanically inclined person you'll ever meet... first I know next to nothing about doing mechanical things on a car, second I hate to even change a tire... I bought a little Ford Ranger about 6 or 7 years ago that had bumped into another car... the left front fender is down about 5 or 10 degress and the fender has a small crumple in it... but evidently the bump also knocked the sending unit in the gas tank out... the fuel gauges reads MT all the time... the only time I've seen it work, one day I noticed it was indicating fuel... then as I commuted to and from work, noticed that instead of going down the indication was going up... by the time I had run up the normal 340 miles I would put on a tank, it read Full.. go figure.. never worked since..... I've checked with two different mechanics about fixing the gauge... both wanted $300+ to drop the tank and replace it.... I only paid $1500 for the truck and by now the $300 is more than the truck's worth... I'll just keep on watching the mileage and fill it when I reach 300+ miles...

I hope that you got cans to store the gasoline in or another car tank

Pumped the fuel out an into storage cans. Yep, we just filled it up. Old line is off and waiting on the new. Had to take a break or something was going to get broken. Love it, just love it.