Ringneck Pheasant Tippet ......

Les Elm

Feathers wrapped around a Black Titanium/Platinum Elegant Beauty.
Cast in Polyester Resin, sanded to 400 grit, buffed with super fine steel wool and polished with Huts Ultra Gloss.

As always comments and or suggestion appreciated.
Thanks for looking.

Les

122p8d0.jpg

312fz3r.jpg

29cqpa9.jpg

2rehy8i.jpg

I missed this one yesterday, Mack. :doh: This one's more subtle than some of your other feather blanks, but it's still very classy looking.

Les I want to throw out an idea and challenge for you on pens. Seeing this one today made me think of flyfishing.

What about a cast on the side of the tube flyfishing pen. Something like a flyhook bent in form to lie flat so it comes out on the side of the pen with the feathers folding around?

scotland-wallacehairwing.jpg

They do come in pretty small sizes and spendid colour the picture i have used implies a huge hook but thats not got to be the case, so you could get creative and incorporate a few with a background of the feathers used to do it.

Hope you understand what i am getting at. not easy to describe.

This would give a sort of 3 d effect to the side of the pen.

Last edited:
Les I want to throw out an idea and challenge for you on pens. Seeing this one today made me think of flyfishing.

What about a cast on the side of the tube flyfishing pen. Something like a flyhook bent in form to lie flat so it comes out on the side of the pen with the feathers folding around?

View attachment 47600

They do come in pretty small sizes and spendid colour the picture i have used implies a huge hook but thats not got to be the case, so you could get creative and incorporate a few with a background of the feathers used to do it.

Hope you understand what i am getting at. not easy to describe.

This would give a sort of 3 d effect to the side of the pen.

WOW!

Great Idea Rob.
I will have to go down to the fly shop and have a look at what they have for very small fly hooks.

Les

Go for it Les. Look for small salmon hooks they usally double headers but have really great color. You could try spead the double head around both sides of the barrel and flatten it. You might think of doing this on an improvised anvil in your vise. Say something like a bolt shank that can take a beating or better still a valve stem.

My guess is it will take a little ingenuity but the vision i have of what it could be ...well it could be amazing.

Remember some of the wooden pens I have seen are cigar like chunky. So your casting could have depth to it sort of like looking under the water and seeing the hook. You could go totally fancy and make up a photograph based background of the bottom of a pond to wrap around the tube before you cast. That way the fly would be in suspension so to speak.

My guess is any flyfishe would snap up these pens like a salmon going for the hook.

Good luck. Looking forward to seeing you take the bait and run with it hook line and sinker.:rofl::rofl: