What’s the deal with Amazon?

M Toupin

I ordered a couple of boxes of Kreg screws and a Freud LU80R010 10" x 80-Tooth HiATB Blade on 1 Feb. I never got an order confirmation until the 3rd when they said it would be 3-4 weeks before it shipped.

When I ordered the blade it said "in stock and sold by Amazon". The web site has been changed, showing as a "Filled by Amazon" now. After getting the run around they tell me the blade is not in stock and they are waiting for "the supplier" to ship them the blade before they ship the entire order in one box. To top that off the delivery date got pushed back to 8-9 March!!! Amazon wouldn't reveal who the supplier is but 5-6 weeks seems way out of line. Is Freud having a problem shipping LU80R010 blades to their retailers? Even if Amazon is out of stock, I can’t imagine it would take more than a month for them to restock.

There's been a lot of news lately about Amazon's financial problems stemming from their inventory and shipping practices. I think everyone would agree Amazon's shipping policies are bizarre, just look at how Bessey clamps ship, one to a huge box! Could this be the result of Amazon trying to reduce on hand inventory and get a handle on the shipping costs? I've never experienced anything like this with Amazon, I sure hope this isn't a sign of the future...

Mike

Not sure whats up :huh: :dunno:

I've never had a problem with them

Amazon

I get shipments everyday from down the Amazon. Here is a new arrival .Very few problems. And once it hits land the truck delivers to our door. Sorry, could´t help it.

Attachments

• Amazon express.jpg
    Amazon express.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Russ bus.JPG
    Russ bus.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 53
I've had similar experiences. Waited a couple of months for something then was told that the product was no longer available from Amazon.

I think, especially in woodworking, they want to cut prices way deeper than their suppliers do. Some companies, for instance, Tormek, just won't deal with Amazon any more.

On the other hand, it works the other way, too. I ordered a Starret square they had at a really good price even though the ad said it was out of stock and would ship in mid March. Got an email 2 days later saying it has shipped.:doh:

Go figure.

This happens from time to time with amazon.:huh: I've always gotten good fast service except for one time early last year when I ordered a Freud Rip blade and a Woodworker II that were both on sale. The order kept getting bumped and bumped, (4 months total), and then they shipped the Freud but bumped the WW II another month and I cancelled it. I have no idea what the problem was but since then I ordered another Hitachi M 12 V with free shipping, and it came in three days.:huh: :dunno:

I don't know what is going on either. My last two orders have been out of stock even though they showed in stock.

The order before the last one was for a Freud blade that was out of stock. The seller offered an option for a package of three alternate brand blades so I took it but I really wanted the Freud blade. Maybe I got a good deal----or----maybe not. We will see.

My last order was for five boxes of pocket hole screws and three packs of plugs. I ordered Saturday and they all showed in stock. Today they emailed that the order was shipped but only includes two packs of plugs. They are evidently out of everything else. No estimate for completion of the order.

That's one of the good things about being a Prime Member... You can get delays once in a great while, but I think the Prime Members get hot selling, and even oversold product, first. I have had very good delivery with them.

Boat cargo

Art:

That is a type of leaf that is used to steam fish and whatever else in. Comes to town by the ton every day. Everything here is carried on peoples backs.
These cants are carried out about 4 miles from this work site.

Attachments

• Carrying wood.JPG
    Carrying wood.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 30
That's one of the good things about being a Prime Member... You can get delays once in a great while, but I think the Prime Members get hot selling, and even oversold product, first. I have had very good delivery with them.

You may have something there Greg. It did seem to start happening after the Prime Member thing started. Well-----so much for us normal buyers.

I am taking back some of what I said about my Amazon order. I rechecked and some of what I ordered may have said "normally ships in 10 to 12 days" so since I am using super saver shipping they may be waiting to combine my order.

Last edited:
I've always gotten good fast service except for one time early last year when I ordered a Freud Rip blade and a Woodworker II that were both on sale. The order kept getting bumped and bumped, (4 months total), and then they shipped the Freud but bumped the WW II another month and I canceled it.

Got another e-mail from Amazon, they now claim "unexpected fluctuations in supply" is the problem.:( Norman's comment brings me back to the original question, is the problem on Amazon's end or is Freud having problems getting the product into the hand of Amazon?

since I am using super saver shipping they may be waiting to combine my order.

Allen, I ordered 2 boxes of Kreg screws in the same order also. Amazon split the order and shipped one box of screws yesterday, the other box is waiting for the blade to be shipped... Figure out that one! :huh: Unless Amazon has had a major shipping department change in the last week, I have a hard time believing they're waiting to combine anything. Anyone who got in on the Bessey clamp deal knows that combining items is NOT Amazon's strong point. Heck, I ordered three 24" clamps and EACH one came in it's own box approx 30" X 12" X 9".:huh: I was a bit dumbfounded when all three clamps would have fit into one of those boxes with room to spare.

I get shipments everyday from down the Amazon. Here is a new arrival .Very few problems. And once it hits land the truck delivers to our door.

Jim, would you mind sending your driver up to pick up my order??? I figure even with the drive time he should have it here in say a week or two... That would beat the 6+ weeks I'm looking at now:D :D :D

Mike

I get shipments everyday from down the Amazon. Here is a new arrival .Very few problems. And once it hits land the truck delivers to our door. Sorry, could´t help it.
Wow. That is so far out of my world that I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like. :eek:

As for the initial post - My experience with Amazon has been spotty - great on some, not-so-much on others. This bears watching.:peek: