Christmas is coming

Steve Ash

With Christmas coming and the Mrs. asking last night what I'd like I wondered what you may be asking for Christmas in the area of woodworking tools or supplies?

As for myself I told her a Porter Cable 4212 dovetail jig would be great.....and I told her if anyone else wanted to know, some more Bessey K-body clamps (or similar) would also be good....how about you?

I maintain a long list of things that I have registered in an on line "wish list" at Lee Valley. I make sure that there is a range of inexpensive to expensive items. I have maintained such a list for many years and my family as well as a few friends find it very helpful.

I just checked my current list and it contains 27 items ranging in price from $3.95 (a drill press sanding drum) to $245.00 (a Veritas twin-screw vise).

I am asking for one thing and it's not exactly woodworking related. A good roll around tool box. Now that I have a good shop I am in desperate need of good storage for my mechanical type tools. Pretty good shape otherwise.

I would like an air compressor, around 60g. But that's not something my wife would buy me. My wofe and I don't trade gifts, that's reserved for the little ones.

Like tod, the tools are my bag.

I don't ask for tools. No. No way in heck. No. Did I say no?:confused: ;) :)

I've been in enough hot water over the years from MY tool purchases.:eek:

25 years I spent money on Snap-On tools.

The last 15 have been woodworking tools.

So I really don't ask, or even suggest anything.

Unless the subject of cookies come up, then I'm begging:D :D :D

I'm good on tools, my thing is bike stuff. Not the kind Kevin is into, mine is the human powered kind. A gift certificate at the LBS is what I will be asking for.

My wofe and I don't trade gifts, that's reserved for the little ones.

Our "little ones" are now grown up adults and both moved out as soon as Steve Jr's. house was done. Gonna be a different vibe around our house this year, first time in 25 years no kids at home on Christmas morning.:(

Our "little ones" are now grown up adults and both moved out as soon as Steve Jr's. house was done. Gonna be a different vibe around our house this year, first time in 25 years no kids at home on Christmas morning.:(

sounds like roadtrip time to steve jr.s house about 5am:D