Don is sleeping again

I mentioned some time back that I had spoken to the director of a crematory here in Boise about building some urns for them to place on their display shelf. I visited with him this morning and he was more than accommodating, even showing me some of the items that another craftsman in the area is supplying. I got some measurements, talked about his mark-up, and when I could have product to him. He told me the locally made boxes were his best selling items and he would be happy to take what I made - first on consignment, but then to purchase as inventory should my design turn out to e a good seller.

It's a small step, but an important one! I'll do a cleaning in the shop this weekend and start building a pine prototype. I promised hims several urns for display in two weeks.

Last edited:
I don't wanna do nothing this weekend.

My brain hurts from work the past couple of weeks, and my home pc just died on me. Well, one of my home PC's, but it was my main one...

But I'll probably be doing some painting and getting the kitchen ready to install some new flooring...

Went to an auction tonight, Friday. Lots of goods in the truck. Just got done unloading it. Will try and get the pics up Sunday. Auction Saturday. See what happens after that.

I'm a bachelor most of this weekend. My wife has been in NY for the past few days with a client and comes home late tonight, then she's off to southern MO for a few days for another meeting tomorrow morning.

Got some errands to run this morning, but need to fix some casters on my tool cabinets and start doing some packing for our move in a little over a month (don't know if I mentioned it, but we got the shop...err..uhh :rolleyes: ...I mean the house :D).

I mentioned some time back that I had spoken to the director of a crematory here in Boise about building some urns for them to place on their display shelf. I visited with him this morning and he was more than accommodating, even showing me some of the items that another craftsman in the area is supplying. I got some measurements, talked about his mark-up, and when I could have product to him. He told me the locally made boxes were his best selling items and he would be happy to take what I made - first on consignment, but then to purchase as inventory should my design turn out to e a good seller.

It's a small step, but an important one! I'll do a cleaning in the shop this weekend and start building a pine prototype. I promised hims several urns for display in two weeks.

I missed the earlier thread Rennie, but I think it's a great idea. I'd like to see some of you work. My parents have already made their burial plans and are going to be cremated, but I don't know if they've bought their urns yet.

Picked up the plywood for the second half of the kitchen build and am getting ready to empty the cyclone dust bin for the third time so I can finish running the pieces thru the planer and start cutting them to size.

I might also start tearing out the cabinets on the second half tomorrow. :wave:

This weekend was spent on the farm in Va clearing a trail on the backside of the lake, we got about a 3rd cut. Then about 3/4 mile clearing wood line along the horse fence on one side. As we were driving the Mule alone the tree line we both said Pears and the same time. And found about 8 pear trees that needed 1/3rd of our day clearing around them so they could grow uninhibited. All the while I was making mental note of trails the deer were using this year and making a few myself. Talked of the big boy that know one has heard seen lately.

These are my last year buck which came out of the beatles this weekend. The 9 point on the left is from the farm and the other 2 are back yard bucks near my shop.
IMAGE_011.jpg