FOR SALE WOODLATHE

SOLD

Delta/Rockwell Model: 46-140
The name plate says "Rockwell," however, people seem to refer to it as Delta Rockwell.

Lathe made in Canada
Motor made in USA

Swing: 15in x 4in knock-out for turning bowls. 10 inch over the ways.

Maximum spindle length: Original data I had said 36 in. I get 35.5 in
Condition: Excellent
Lathe size: The lathe is a shorter unit with an extension. I did not realize this until I owned it for many months. The extension fits like it was cast there.

Accessories included:
****Steel table with heavy laminate top.
**** I added on an extension that will hold 18 wood turning tools (Tools not included).
****I made a simple wood tool that makes changing belts to change speeds simple and very easy.
****I made tool to make changing drive accessories easy
****Four prong center
****Three inch cast iron faceplate
****Tail center (cup with point)
****I added a switch. Poke your finger through a small hole to turn on. Hit paddle with anything (hand, knee, lathe tool) to turn off. See the photo.
****I added six-compartment storage area under the lathe.
****I added an open box (that can sit on the rails) for “stuff” used while turning.

I purchased this from Dan Gonzales for $250. I have made improvements. Price $250.

I have some ShopSmith turning tools that the buyer can have if he/she wants them.

I have a DVD that shows a simple, inexpensive way to make the lathe variable speed. Unfortunately I did not get this until I had purchased a new lathe.

PM: Jim C Bradley

Enjoy

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Nothing spectacular. Delta 46-460. Approximately the same thing I had except variable speed and a slower speed range.

I really don't like to change belts to change speeds...spoiled aren't I? So I spent a bunch of money. So, if I had seen this simple way to fix mine for variable speed, I would not have spent the $$ and would not have two lathes. It is interesting; the man turned his lathe into variable speed for a few bucks and two or three hours of labor. My guess on cost is $25.00 to $30.00.

Yes, I like my new lathe. No, I would not have purchased a new lathe if I had seen the CD.

Yes, the lathe that Dan sold me was a good deal. It is a great lathe...far better than lathes costing twice what I paid Dan.

Time to shut up Bradley,

Enjoy,

Jim

if only i could have known when we were closer:rofl::rofl::rofl: not! no way! unhuh! cant do it! wont do it! but its a good deal for somebody wanting to catch a fatal disease of turning:D:thumb::thumb:

if only i could have known when we were closer:rofl::rofl::rofl: not! no way! unhuh! cant do it! wont do it! but its a good deal for somebody wanting to catch a fatal disease of turning:D:thumb::thumb:
I wouldnt mind having it but I think I need to learn the basics of woodworking before I buy a lathe. I am just now making a deal on a plane or two. A lathe would be awesome though.

Nice shot Carol!
so----
If Vaughn can go---Why not Larry?

Enjoy thinking about that,

Jim

p.s. I don't know what it weighs. It is all nicely bolted to a steel table. I should find out though. The lathe extension can be removed, the table can be unbolted, etc. for shipping, so knowing the weight would be smart on my part.